|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, Character and Anal Eroticism.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens in the pre-pubescent period of child development?
(a) The child forgets his love for a relative.
(b) A child develops a sexual drive.
(c) A child develops a sexual preference.
(d) A child questions sexuality consciously.
2. What is one of the terms introduced that is one or a bundle of behavioral symptoms that shows something is 'wrong'?
3. Which is not a section to the introductory material?
(a) An Autobiographical Study.
4. What does Freud find causes symptoms of mental illness to subside?
(a) Telling the patient how to fix their problem.
(b) Listening attentively and compassionately.
(c) Allowing the patient and doctor to have a casual relationship.
(d) Letting the patient hit something.
5. What does the editor explain about Freud in the Introduction?
(a) That he is homosexual.
(b) That he has the psychology of being an outsider.
(c) That he is from Austria and is Jewish.
(d) That he was an orphan.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Freud reiterate is the first rule of psycho-analysis?
2. What is the term for when a child has adoration for his or her parent that is adopted in another member of the opposite sex?
3. What term is also defined by one or more symptoms in "The Theory of Sexuality"?
4. Who did the translations of Freud's work from German to English?
5. What does Freud say about children under 5 years old in "The Theory of Sexuality"?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)