|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, Character and Anal Eroticism.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Freud hate?
(c) Mental Illness.
2. What happens in the pre-pubescent period of child development?
(a) A child develops a sexual drive.
(b) A child questions sexuality consciously.
(c) The child forgets his love for a relative.
(d) A child develops a sexual preference.
3. What is another term used for periodic depression?
4. What are two symptoms of periodic depression mentioned in "Theory of Sexuality"?
(b) Mood swings.
(c) Social withdrawal and irritability.
5. In the chapter "Dreams," how are therapeutic symptoms achieved?
(a) By talking and listening to what is being said.
(d) By looking for their physical significance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Freud comment on at the end of "The Final Paper"?
2. Who is the first official patient of psychotherapy?
3. What does Freud NOT include to determine what is normal sexual behavior in "The Theory of Sexuality"?
4. What term does Freud use as an alternate to homosexual?
5. At the end of the chapter, "The Theory of Sexuality," what does Freud want to accomplish?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)