|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, The Theory of Sexuality Continued.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Freud refer to as an 'incurable ailment'?
(a) Doomed illness.
(c) A side issue.
(d) A side note.
2. What are two symptoms of periodic depression mentioned in "Theory of Sexuality"?
(c) Mood swings.
(d) Social withdrawal and irritability.
3. What characteristics does Freud's mentor have?
(a) He is handsome.
(b) He is attentive and a good listener.
(c) He has an instinct for diagnosis.
(d) He is soft spoken and easy to get along with.
4. What drug does Freud research?
5. What happens to the patient that makes her sick in "The Making of Psychoanalysis"?
(a) She lost her baby.
(b) Her mother is dying.
(c) Her father is dying.
(d) She has a brain tumor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason is given for using the name Dora?
2. What does Freud suggest often happens during infantile masturbation in childhood development?
3. What is addressed in "The Making of Psychoanalysis"?
4. What does Freud not address concerning heredity and sexuality in "The Theory of Sexuality"?
5. What is the result of Freud's patient's experience in the chapter "Dreams"?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)