|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, The Theory of Sexuality.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many sections of introductory material are in this book?
2. What is the result of Freud's patient's experience in the chapter "Dreams"?
(a) She feels abused and used.
(b) She wants to see her mother.
(c) She is hysterical.
(d) She is happy.
3. At the end of the chapter, "The Theory of Sexuality," what does Freud want to accomplish?
(a) The reader to know these are all hypotheses.
(b) For people to be aware of mental illness.
(c) The reader to have a better understanding of Freudian psychology.
(d) For the reader to tell someone else about his book.
4. What is the norm for translated texts?
(a) For the translator to travel to the foreign country to learn colloquial terms.
(b) For the publishing company to hire a translator to work with the author.
(c) For the author to translate it him or herself.
(d) For the translator to be referred to.
5. What is 'Dora's' problem?
(a) Her treatment is negatively affecting her home life.
(b) She is a hysteric.
(c) She is a neurotic.
(d) She has an eating disorder.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the editor explain about Freud in the Introduction?
2. What does Freud find causes symptoms of mental illness to subside?
3. Who is the editor of The Freud Reader?
4. What symptoms does Freud's patient have after the experience in "Dreams"?
5. What is periodic depression?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)