|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, The Theory of Sexuality.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Freud want to constantly be reminded of throughout his book?
(a) The mind and body forever change, so nothing is permanent.
(b) These are all hypotheses.
(c) He tested and proved everything he declares.
(d) Hysterical and neurotic symptoms can be cured.
2. What does Freud hate?
(c) Mental Illness.
3. What is periodic depression?
(a) A specific type of anxiety neurosis.
(b) Depression that comes and goes.
(c) Depression in women that occurs during their cycle.
(d) It is similar to episodic depression.
4. What symptoms does Freud's patient have after the experience in "Dreams"?
(a) Migraines and problems with amnesia.
(b) Red bumps.
(c) Irritable Bowl Syndrome.
(d) A stomach ache.
5. What will therapists insist upon in a situation like 'Dora'?
(a) Treatment of the whole family.
(b) An alternative way of treatment.
(c) To go to the hospital.
(d) Stop treatment.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is mentioned as one of Freud's intellectual mentors?
2. What did Freud's mentor decipher?
3. In the chapter "Dreams," how are therapeutic symptoms achieved?
4. What has likely happened to the translations of Freud's work?
5. How many sections of introductory material are in this book?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)