|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14, Transitions & Revisions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Freud comment on at the end of "The Final Paper"?
(a) He wants to do more studies on this topic.
(b) He needs better equipment to prove this study.
(c) He hopes its a beginning not an end to this topic.
(d) He hopes it will end all discussion on this topic.
2. What does Freud suggest often happens during infantile masturbation in childhood development?
(a) A child falls in love with a relative.
(b) A child develops a sexual drive.
(c) A child questions sexuality unconsciously.
(d) A child develops a sexual preference.
3. What does Freud want to constantly be reminded of throughout his book?
(a) Hysterical and neurotic symptoms can be cured.
(b) The mind and body forever change, so nothing is permanent.
(c) He tested and proved everything he declares.
(d) These are all hypotheses.
4. How long does Dora's analysis last?
(a) Five days.
(b) Twelve months.
(c) Eleven weeks.
(d) Two years.
5. What does Freud overtly admit about women?
(a) That they are born with a different innate sexual desire.
(b) The differences between women and men precludes an adequate psycho-analytic theory.
(c) That most do not feel incestuous love.
(d) That he understands them better than men.
Short Answer Questions
1. What characteristics does Freud's mentor have?
2. What does Freud say about homosexual men in relation to women?
3. Which daughter does Freud mention stirring jealousies?
4. In the chapter, "Dreams" what is the main concern dealing with dreams?
5. How many different sections are used in Chapter 6, "The Theory of Sexuality"?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)