|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, Beginning Treatment, Transference-Love and A Male Choice.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Freud say is the foremost force to setting motion in therapy?
(a) Letting go and letting God.
(b) The acceptance of having a problem.
(c) Making a therapy appointment.
(d) The desire to be released from suffering.
2. What happens to symptoms as their causes are laid bare?
(a) They are envisioned.
(b) They are released.
(c) They take control.
(d) They are destroyed.
3. According to Freud, what type of man is most likely to withhold information during therapy?
(a) Men with repressed homosexual material.
(b) A divorced man.
(c) An actor.
(d) A man who is a CEO.
4. How does Freud view the woman's complaint about her therapist's advice?
(a) Their is a distortion between what the therapist said and how it was taken by the patient.
(b) The patient was not allowing the treatment to take full effect.
(c) The therapist is careless with the patient's feelings.
(d) The therapist was entirely correct.
5. What does Freud suggest often happens during infantile masturbation in childhood development?
(a) A child falls in love with a relative.
(b) A child develops a sexual drive.
(c) A child questions sexuality unconsciously.
(d) A child develops a sexual preference.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are two symptoms of periodic depression mentioned in "Theory of Sexuality"?
2. At the end of the chapter, "The Theory of Sexuality," what does Freud want to accomplish?
3. Who is the first official patient of psychotherapy?
4. How does Freud term thoughts and behaviors interconnected with the psyche?
5. What does Freud find as the link of most neuroses?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)