|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, Beginning Treatment, Transference-Love and A Male Choice.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is periodic depression?
(a) It is similar to episodic depression.
(b) A specific type of anxiety neurosis.
(c) Depression that comes and goes.
(d) Depression in women that occurs during their cycle.
2. Who is mentioned as one of Freud's intellectual mentors?
(b) Anna O.
3. What does Freud find as the link of most neuroses?
(a) Sexual related experiences.
(b) Childhood experiences.
(c) Genetics of parents.
(d) Childhood behavior.
4. What are two symptoms of periodic depression mentioned in "Theory of Sexuality"?
(b) Social withdrawal and irritability.
(d) Mood swings.
5. According to the editor, from what does the current American society suffer?
(a) Anxiety related to recognizing and treating neuroses and hysteria.
(b) Lack of perception into what they feel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Freud's mentor decipher?
2. How many sections does Freud say most patients divide their therapy in?
3. What does Freud suggest often happens during infantile masturbation in childhood development?
4. What does Freud refer to when a person both loves and hates a person, a condition or thing?
5. What characteristics make the "talking" or "listening" cure method most effective?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)