|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, Beginning Treatment, Transference-Love and A Male Choice.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Freud mention happens when a person endeavors to practice psychoanalysis, but has little experience?
(c) Errors made.
(d) Misinterpreting someone's grievances.
2. How many different sections are used in Chapter 6, "The Theory of Sexuality"?
3. According to Freud, what is transference?
(a) A requirement for the therapeutic process to be effective.
(b) Transferring one feeling to a different emotional outlook.
(c) Taking one's emotions out on another human being.
(d) Transferring oneself to assess his or her own self.
4. According to Freud, what type of discernible relationship is typically found in what he calls the 'anal character'?
(a) A symbiotic relationship of physical and mental well being.
(b) The peace of mind to that of daily stress.
(c) One with a particular part of the body and its sensitivity.
(d) Insomnia to depression.
5. Who is the first official patient of psychotherapy?
(b) John Kerry.
(c) Anna O.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Freud find as the cause of most neuroses?
2. What happens in the pre-pubescent period of child development?
3. What year was Freud's paper published that was mentioned in "The Theory of Sexuality"?
4. What are two symptoms of periodic depression mentioned in "Theory of Sexuality"?
5. What term is also defined by one or more symptoms in "The Theory of Sexuality"?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)