|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, Beginning Treatment, Transference-Love and A Male Choice.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many sections does Freud say most patients divide their therapy in?
2. According to Freud, what type of discernible relationship is typically found in what he calls the 'anal character'?
(a) A symbiotic relationship of physical and mental well being.
(b) Insomnia to depression.
(c) The peace of mind to that of daily stress.
(d) One with a particular part of the body and its sensitivity.
3. What does Freud specifically mention will not 'bode' well between therapist and patient?
(a) If the therapist makes a sexual advance on their patient.
(b) If the patient admits withholding information.
(d) If the patient makes a sexual advance on their therapist.
4. What is addressed in "The Making of Psychoanalysis"?
(a) The analysis and use of hypnosis.
(b) Freud's method of research.
(c) The treatment of hysteria.
(d) Freud's relationship to his mother.
5. At the end of the chapter, "The Theory of Sexuality," what does Freud want to accomplish?
(a) The reader to have a better understanding of Freudian psychology.
(b) For the reader to tell someone else about his book.
(c) The reader to know these are all hypotheses.
(d) For people to be aware of mental illness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Freud refer to when a person both loves and hates a person, a condition or thing?
2. What does Freud say about the vast majority's sexual preference?
3. What happens to the patient that makes her sick in "The Making of Psychoanalysis"?
4. What does Freud say is the part of the session when many patients give the best information?
5. What does Freud say the therapist must combine for the patient to open up to his or her therapist?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)