|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, Totem & Taboo.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Freud want to constantly be reminded of throughout his book?
(a) These are all hypotheses.
(b) The mind and body forever change, so nothing is permanent.
(c) He tested and proved everything he declares.
(d) Hysterical and neurotic symptoms can be cured.
2. What is periodic depression?
(a) Depression in women that occurs during their cycle.
(b) A specific type of anxiety neurosis.
(c) It is similar to episodic depression.
(d) Depression that comes and goes.
3. What does Freud mention as one of the main causes of horror within the family?
(a) Someone dies.
(b) It cause the daughter to leave.
(c) It caused a divorce.
(d) It made someone else in the family dangerously jealous.
4. What does Freud's term "wild" mean?
(b) Desire for one's opposite innate reasoning.
(c) Mild to moderate hallucinations.
(d) Experiences that occur with an inexperienced therapist.
5. The woman who complained about the advice given by her therapist was NOT told to do which of the following?
(a) Go back to her husband.
(b) Become a nun.
(c) Take another lover.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Freud say about repressed material in relation to the patient?
2. What type of totem does Freud say is highly dangerous to humans?
3. What author does Freud mention publishing a four volume work on totem that he used in his own studies?
4. What are two symptoms of periodic depression mentioned in "Theory of Sexuality"?
5. What does Freud say is a type of mental pathology?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)