|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, Totem & Taboo.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one of the terms introduced that is one or a bundle of behavioral symptoms that shows something is 'wrong'?
2. What does Freud say about repressed material in relation to the patient?
(a) It is best to ignore it.
(b) It is best for the therapist to see it first.
(c) It is best to address it.
(d) It is best to let the patient get near it.
3. What does Freud speculate about the people reading the section on totem pets, who have pets?
(a) They will want to adapt this way of thinking.
(b) They will be intrigued.
(c) They will be sad.
(d) They will be disappointed that the subject is not very exotic.
4. What does Freud's term "wild" mean?
(a) Experiences that occur with an inexperienced therapist.
(c) Mild to moderate hallucinations.
(d) Desire for one's opposite innate reasoning.
5. Why was the Psycho-Analytic Society formed?
(a) To maintain quantity.
(b) To improve Freud's popularity.
(c) To practice legal research.
(d) To maintain quality.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Freud say about the totem if it is a pet?
2. What term is also defined by one or more symptoms in "The Theory of Sexuality"?
3. What does Freud find as the link of most neuroses?
4. According to Freud, what is transference?
5. What does Freud want to constantly be reminded of throughout his book?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)