|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, Totem & Taboo.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of totem does Freud say is highly dangerous to humans?
(b) African elephants.
(c) Those with great instincts.
(d) Those who serve a protective role.
2. What does Freud find as the cause of most neuroses?
(a) Fears of the unknown.
(b) Experiencing a death.
(c) Fears caused by actual events.
(d) Misconception of facts.
3. What does Freud say about the totem if it is a pet?
(a) It will be sacrificed by its owners.
(b) It is treated as a totem animal, not a wild adversary.
(c) It is tame.
(d) It is wild.
4. What does Freud mention happens when a person endeavors to practice psychoanalysis, but has little experience?
(b) Errors made.
(c) Misinterpreting someone's grievances.
5. What does Freud say about anyone who intends to give therapy?
(a) That they shouldn't have a mental disruption.
(b) That they should have similar experiences.
(c) That they should take therapeutic advice.
(d) That they should take medication.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Freud being viewed by the culture in the chapter "The Theory of Sexuality"?
2. How does Freud define totem?
3. What does Freud's term "wild" mean?
4. Which of the following does Freud NOT mention therapists should assure their patients will not impede in therapy?
5. The woman who complained about the advice given by her therapist was NOT told to do which of the following?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)