|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, Totem & Taboo.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Freud criticize in the beginning of "Therapy and Technique"?
(a) Carl Jung.
(c) Others errors made in this practice.
2. What does Freud want to constantly be reminded of throughout his book?
(a) The mind and body forever change, so nothing is permanent.
(b) He tested and proved everything he declares.
(c) These are all hypotheses.
(d) Hysterical and neurotic symptoms can be cured.
3. What year was this author's work, "Totemism and Exogamy" published?
4. What type of totem does Freud say is highly dangerous to humans?
(a) Those with great instincts.
(b) African elephants.
(d) Those who serve a protective role.
5. What does Freud refer to as an 'incurable ailment'?
(a) A side issue.
(b) A side note.
(c) Doomed illness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Freud say about repressed material in relation to the patient?
2. How many characteristics of totem animals does Freud give?
3. What does Freud say about anyone who intends to give therapy?
4. What is another term used for periodic depression?
5. What two feelings does Freud mention helps the therapy process?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)