|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A student who wants to be a aeronautical engineer gets to go to _______.
(a) Jet Propulsion Lab in Pasadena.
(b) NASA's Johnson Space Center.
2. The beginning of the sophomore year, what does a transfer student wish Gruwell is like?
(a) Boring like the other teachers.
(b) Less concerned about grades.
(c) More interesting, like the other teachers.
(d) More concerned about her students.
3. What happens to the computers after the students graduate?
(a) The computers are sent to an elementary school.
(b) The computers are given to the Distinguished Scholars.
(c) The computers are given to the 35 students with the highest grade point average.
(d) The computers are moved to the media center.
4. Why does a student have to be head of the household and worry about rent and car payments Senior year?
(a) The student's mother is ill and father is nowhere to be found.
(b) The student's father takes off with the families small bit of savings.
(c) The student's parents are murdered.
(d) The student's cousin is murdered and parents leave the country.
5. What is different about rooming arrangements when the Freedom Writers go to New York?
(a) The students stay with private individuals.
(b) The students stay with holocaust survivors.
(c) Gruwell chooses who rooms with who.
(d) The students choose their roommates.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when a student gives her/himself an F?
2. Why do the students sign an honor code?
3. Why do the students and Gruwell have to climb out the window of the school one night?
4. What amazes a student about the bathrooms at the Century City Marriott?
5. According to Zlata, what good came from Anne Frank's tragedy?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)