|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter III, Sophomore Year - Fall 1995.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Zlata begin writing her diary?
(a) Before the war in Bosnia began.
(b) When the war ended.
(c) Three days before the war ended.
(d) After the war began in Bosnia.
2. Why does Zlata believe it is so important for the Freedom Writers to overcome their circumstances?
(a) Otherwise, they never go to college.
(b) Otherwise, they do not graduate from high school.
(c) Otherwise, history repeats with their children.
(d) Otherwise, they do not live to thirty years of age.
3. What is the perfect Cinderella story for one student?
(a) To have her father be a dad.
(b) To have a boyfriend like John Tu.
(c) To have a date for the prom.
(d) To be prom queen.
4. Why does Gruwell throw out her carefully planned lessons in the fall of 1994?
(a) None of the students know what the Holocaust is.
(b) The students are not smart enough to handle the work.
(c) The lessons are geared toward white middle class students.
(d) The lessons are not appropriate for the class.
5. What is another word for 'odd' according to one of the students?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who goes with Zlata to meet the students?
2. What is a four-letter word not in the students' vocabulary, according to Gruwell their sophomore year?
3. What makes studying Camelot and King Arthur more interesting for the students?
4. Where does Gruwell student teaching?
5. What does Zlata say about Erin Gruwell?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)