|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, Freshman Year - Fall 1994.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What feelings does Zlata have when asked to write the forward?
(a) Honored, proud, and amazed.
(b) Honored, but not interested.
(d) Frustrated and nervous.
2. How does Gruwell get money for new books, guest speakers, and field trips?
(a) Gruwell has a trust fund.
(b) She also works at the Marriott Hotel and Norstroms.
(c) The students and their parents pay.
(d) Private donors.
3. How difficult is it for a student at Wilson to buy a gun?
(a) It is as easy as buying bubble gum.
(b) Very difficult.
(c) It is impossible; no one sells a student a gun.
(d) Difficult, because a gun is very expensive.
4. When did Zlata begin writing her diary?
(a) When the war ended.
(b) Before the war in Bosnia began.
(c) After the war began in Bosnia.
(d) Three days before the war ended.
5. Why are the diaries written anonymously?
(a) The principal insisted that the students remain anonymous.
(b) To protect the students and show the universality of their experiences.
(c) The school board says the students have to remain anonymous.
(d) The students are embarassed of their writing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the teacher of the students at Wilson High School?
2. What is another word for 'odd' according to one of the students?
3. What did Zlata's diary become?
4. How far do two students go to be accepted into a gang and a sorority?
5. In Diary One, how long does the student give Gruwell before she quits?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)