|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, Freshman Year - Fall 1994.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Zlata hope the Freedom Writers Diary will do?
(a) Inspire people to write to fight prejudice and to deal with events in a positive way.
(b) Make money so the Freedom Writers can pay for college.
(c) Help the Freedom Writers become successful writers.
(d) Help the families of the Freedom Writers.
2. What types of students attend Wilson High?
(a) Mostly caucasian students.
(b) Mostly blacks.
(c) Mostly hispanics.
(d) Rich kids and poor kids from the projects.
3. Why does Gruwell throw out her carefully planned lessons in the fall of 1994?
(a) The students are not smart enough to handle the work.
(b) None of the students know what the Holocaust is.
(c) The lessons are not appropriate for the class.
(d) The lessons are geared toward white middle class students.
4. What did Zlata's diary become?
(a) A way to get out of doing schoolwork.
(b) A type of therapy to deal with everything that was going on with the war.
(c) A list of all the atrocities of the war.
(d) A way to communicate with her friends.
5. When did Zlata begin writing her diary?
(a) After the war began in Bosnia.
(b) Before the war in Bosnia began.
(c) When the war ended.
(d) Three days before the war ended.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the teacher of the students at Wilson High School?
2. How difficult is it for a student at Wilson to buy a gun?
3. Why does Zlata believe it is so important for the Freedom Writers to overcome their circumstances?
4. What are two books mentioned in the forward that the students read in class?
5. Why is the student in Diary Three at Wilson?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)