|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, Freshman Year - Fall 1994.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the fall of 1994, why does one student say s/he does not belong in Gruwell's class?
(a) Because the student's test scores are high.
(b) Because the student is Latino.
(c) Because the student is white.
(d) Because there is a mix up in the schedule.
2. What does Zlata have in common with the students?
(a) They have all lost parents.
(b) They like the same rock bands.
(c) They all have seen war.
(d) They are teenagers.
3. What are two books mentioned in the forward that the students read in class?
(a) The Great Depression: A Diary and The Adderall Diaries.
(b) The Reagan Diaries and The Heroin Diaries.
(c) The Royal Diaries and I Will Bear Witness.
(d) Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl, and Zlata's Diary: A Child's Life in Sarajevo.
4. How far do two students go to be accepted into a gang and a sorority?
(a) They kill someone.
(b) They deface school property.
(c) One student is beaten until bones are broken and another student is humiliated.
(d) They beat someone up.
5. Why is the student in Diary Three at Wilson?
(a) The student is expelled from their old school.
(b) Wilson is the closest school to the student's home.
(c) The student's parents arrange a transfer.
(d) It is either Wilson or boot camp.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Zlata begin writing her diary?
2. What does Zlata say about Erin Gruwell?
3. What types of students attend Wilson High?
4. When does Zlata meet the students of Wilson High School?
5. In what kind of neighborhood is Wilson High School located?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)