|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter VIII, Senior Year - Spring 1998.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What road less traveled does a student decide to take Senior year?
(a) The road to college.
(b) To graduate from high school.
(c) To leave the gang.
(d) To become a doctor.
2. Why does Gruwell almost take another job the fall of 1995?
(a) The attitudes of the other teachers.
(b) The apathy of her students.
(c) The attitudes of the principal and school board.
(d) The students' behavior last year.
3. What do some of the teachers call Gruwell?
(a) A Prima Donna.
(b) A troublemaker.
(c) A brown noser.
(d) A great teacher.
4. To whom does the class give a copy of their diaries when in Washington, D.C.?
(a) Their congressman.
(b) U. S. Secretary of Education.
(c) President of the United States.
(d) Their senator.
5. Why are some students not allowed to go to the Medieval Times Restaurant?
(a) Their clothes.
(b) They flunk the test.
(c) Their haircuts.
(d) Their attitudes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is different about rooming arrangements when the Freedom Writers go to New York?
2. The beginning of the sophomore year, what does a transfer student wish Gruwell is like?
3. What happens to a student when she runs away with her boyfriend?
4. In her thank you letter, what does Zlata tell the students not to forget?
5. How is money raised to get the students to college?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)