|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter VIII, Senior Year - Spring 1998.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event does Gruwell say puts some teachers at Wilson High over the edge?
(a) When Gruwell's class goes to the school board.
(b) When Gruwell's class is invited to meet Spielberg.
(c) When Gruwell's class startes getting good grades.
(d) When Gruwell's class puts on a play.
2. How does Cheryl Best inspire a student?
(a) The student realizes you do not need a father figure to do well.
(b) The student realizes that hard work makes up for a poor background.
(c) The student realizes that college is possible for him/her.
(d) The student realizes s/he can go to medical school also.
3. What happens to the fathers of the diversity panelist and the student who are sent to internment camps?
(a) They die.
(b) They lose a limb due to infection.
(c) They are horribly disfigured.
(d) They become abusive and don't care if they hurt their families.
4. Why is one student not able to play sports, climb gym ropes, swing, or do a pull-up?
(a) Because the student has cystic fibrosis.
(b) Because the student is overweight.
(c) Because the student broke an arm.
(d) Because the student has asthma.
5. What does a student say after not taking the opportunity to sing to Jopie and Lies?
(a) "A missed opportunity can never be made up."
(b) "Silence gets you nowhere in life."
(c) "Only those who take advantage of opportunities in life succeed."
(d) "Success comes only to those who take advantage of opportunities."
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the students sign an honor code?
2. What does one student realize after playing the Peanut Game?
3. What makes Tommy Jefferson, a football player, cry?
4. Why are some students not allowed to go to the Medieval Times Restaurant?
5. Who is Miep Gies?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)