|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter II, Freshman Year - Spring 1995.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Sharaud's goal when he arrives in Gruwell's class?
(a) Drop out of school.
(b) Make his preppy student teacher cry.
(c) Play basketball.
(d) Do well in his studies.
2. Why does Zlata believe it is so important for the Freedom Writers to overcome their circumstances?
(a) Otherwise, they do not live to thirty years of age.
(b) Otherwise, they do not graduate from high school.
(c) Otherwise, history repeats with their children.
(d) Otherwise, they never go to college.
3. What happens to a student when she runs away with her boyfriend?
(a) Her parents ground her and transfer her to Wilson High.
(b) She is sent to juvenile hall.
(c) She goes to live with a relative far away from the boyfriend.
(d) She is homeschooled for awhile.
4. What book relates to the life of a student who lives in an interment camp?
(a) Durango Street.
(b) Romeo and Juliet.
(c) Hoop Dreams.
(d) Farewell to Manzanar.
5. Why is Gruwell frustrated at the beginning of Spring, 1995 semester?
(a) There is one ordeal after the other from race riots to walkouts.
(b) The school board does not allow field trips.
(c) The principal has new restrictions.
(d) She is not allowed to stay after school.
Short Answer Questions
1. How far do two students go to be accepted into a gang and a sorority?
2. How do many of the Wilson High Students get to school each day?
3. How does Gruwell get money for new books, guest speakers, and field trips?
4. In the fall of 1994, why does one student say s/he does not belong in Gruwell's class?
5. What important lesson does one student learn during her freshman year?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)