|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter II, Freshman Year - Spring 1995.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Since war also came to Kosovo, what did almost all young Yugoslavians know?
(a) How to protect themselves.
(b) What a bomb sounded like and what it was like to have no home.
(c) How to write diaries.
(d) How to get out of the country.
2. In the fall of 1994, why does one student say s/he does not belong in Gruwell's class?
(a) Because the student is Latino.
(b) Because there is a mix up in the schedule.
(c) Because the student's test scores are high.
(d) Because the student is white.
3. When did Zlata begin writing her diary?
(a) Before the war in Bosnia began.
(b) Three days before the war ended.
(c) After the war began in Bosnia.
(d) When the war ended.
4. How difficult is it for a student at Wilson to buy a gun?
(a) It is impossible; no one sells a student a gun.
(b) Very difficult.
(c) It is as easy as buying bubble gum.
(d) Difficult, because a gun is very expensive.
5. When does Zlata meet the students of Wilson High School?
(a) March, 2006.
(b) September, 1998.
(c) March, 1996.
(d) December, 1997.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is another word for 'odd' according to one of the students?
2. Where is Zlata's homeland?
3. How do many of the Wilson High Students get to school each day?
4. What amazes a student about the bathrooms at the Century City Marriott?
5. What is Sharaud's goal when he arrives in Gruwell's class?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)