|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter II, Freshman Year - Spring 1995.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the students inspired to do after reading the diaries?
(a) Write a screenplay.
(b) Quit school.
(c) Write their own diaries.
(d) Talk to their parents about improving their lives.
2. According to Zlata, what good came from Anne Frank's tragedy?
(a) Anne never knew what happens to her family.
(b) Anne is known all around the world.
(c) Anne is responsible for helping to end the war.
(d) Anne's strength remains to lead and inspire.
3. What did Zlata's diary become?
(a) A way to get out of doing schoolwork.
(b) A list of all the atrocities of the war.
(c) A type of therapy to deal with everything that was going on with the war.
(d) A way to communicate with her friends.
4. What happens to a student when she runs away with her boyfriend?
(a) Her parents ground her and transfer her to Wilson High.
(b) She is homeschooled for awhile.
(c) She is sent to juvenile hall.
(d) She goes to live with a relative far away from the boyfriend.
5. To what does Gruwell compare the Capulets and Montagues in Romeo and Juliet?
(a) The Latino and Asian gangs in Long Beach.
(b) The Black and Asian gangs in Long Beach.
(c) The Black and Hispanic gangs in Long Beach.
(d) The preppy students and the Asian students.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the perfect Cinderella story for one student?
2. According to Zlata, what is important about what happens to people?
3. Why did Zlata start writing a diary?
4. What is Sharaud's goal when he arrives in Gruwell's class?
5. Where is Zlata's homeland?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)