|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter V, Junior Year - Fall 1996.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What amazes a student about the bathrooms at the Century City Marriott?
(a) You have to pay a quarter to use the bathroom.
(b) There is an attendant in the bathroom.
(c) The bathrooms have real towels, no trash on the floor, and no stall doors missing.
(d) There is a bathroom for whites and one for other races.
2. What important lesson does one student learn during her freshman year?
(a) That Gruwell is an extraordinary teacher.
(b) People do change.
(c) That school can be interesting.
(d) How to study.
3. Why is Gruwell frustrated at the beginning of Spring, 1995 semester?
(a) There is one ordeal after the other from race riots to walkouts.
(b) The school board does not allow field trips.
(c) She is not allowed to stay after school.
(d) The principal has new restrictions.
4. What happens after a student drives John Tu to his car?
(a) The student gets a flat tire.
(b) Tu tells the student to get a better car.
(c) Tu gives the student money for the ride.
(d) Tu offers the student a job.
5. Why does the class split up their junior year?
(a) Other teachers are saying Gruwell doesn't haven't enough seniority to pick students.
(b) The principal wants to split up the class.
(c) The school board is not happy with Gruwell's methods.
(d) Gruwell may be leaving.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to one student before emigrating to the United States from Peru?
2. What is a four-letter word not in the students' vocabulary, according to Gruwell their sophomore year?
3. How does one student testify at a murder trial?
4. What does a junior student say about her stepfather during the fall semester?
5. What does one student say when she compares her father to John Tu?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)