|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter V, Junior Year - Fall 1996.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a student referring to when she says she is a loving girl, but there is pain in her heart?
(a) Her best friend died.
(b) She wishes she has a boyfriend.
(c) She is in an abusive relationship.
(d) Her mother is dying.
2. To what does Gruwell compare the Capulets and Montagues in Romeo and Juliet?
(a) The preppy students and the Asian students.
(b) The Black and Asian gangs in Long Beach.
(c) The Black and Hispanic gangs in Long Beach.
(d) The Latino and Asian gangs in Long Beach.
3. Whose album cover does the class analyze?
(a) 50 Cent.
(b) Snoop Doggy Dogg.
(c) Kanye West.
4. Why does one student call the story "The Last Spin" a trip?
(a) It is a very funny story.
(b) The student has never heard of the Montagues and Capulets before.
(c) This student has never before read anything in school that related to everyday life.
(d) It is a very unbelievable story.
5. What starts a series of fights between Hispanics and Blacks at school during the fall of 1996?
(a) A carton of milk is thrown.
(b) Someone takes a Black student's seat on the bus.
(c) Someone starts name calling.
(d) A Hispanic student steals something from a Black student.
Short Answer Questions
1. What important lesson does one student learn during her freshman year?
2. What does one student realize after meeting the diversity panelists?
3. The beginning of the sophomore year, what does a transfer student wish Gruwell is like?
4. Why does one student have to be out of school for a week or two and miss the beginning of the sophomore year?
5. When Renee Firestone, a Holocaust survivor, asked a Gestapo agent if she could see her family again, what did she learn?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)