|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter V, Junior Year - Fall 1996.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to one student before emigrating to the United States from Peru?
(a) The student was injured in a car bombing.
(b) The student's father was killed.
(c) The house next door was bombed.
(d) The student's school was bombed.
2. What is Sharaud's goal when he arrives in Gruwell's class?
(a) Make his preppy student teacher cry.
(b) Drop out of school.
(c) Play basketball.
(d) Do well in his studies.
3. In the spring of 1995, who offers to help take the students on a field trip?
(a) John Tu.
(b) The principal.
(c) Other teachers.
(d) Anne Frank.
4. Why is Tommy's father surprised when Gruwell calls him?
(a) He thinks Tommy is doing well in school.
(b) Teachers doesn't usually call to say Tommy is doing well.
(c) A teacher never calls him before.
(d) Most teachers do not bother to keep parents informed.
5. Who is Miep Gies?
(a) The woman who kept Anne Frank alive in the attic.
(b) A friend of Zlata Filipovic.
(c) Director of the Museum of Tolerance.
(d) A teacher at Wilson High.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is coming to speak to the class immediately after Gerda Seifer?
2. What does a student who is a "goodie two shoes" do when shopping with her parents?
3. Why does one student call the story "The Last Spin" a trip?
4. When Renee Firestone, a Holocaust survivor, asked a Gestapo agent if she could see her family again, what did she learn?
5. What starts a series of fights between Hispanics and Blacks at school during the fall of 1996?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)