|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter V, Junior Year - Fall 1996.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does a student's mother do about a teacher who doesn't read black literature?
(a) The mother doen't do anything.
(b) Bring a list of black literature to the principal.
(c) Yell at the teacher.
(d) Go to the school board.
2. When one of the juniors was twelve, how did her grandmother die?
(a) From a beating by the student's father.
(b) From burns allegedly inflicted by the student's father.
(c) From a heart attack.
(d) From a fall down stairs.
3. Who wrote, "Who so should be a man, must be a nonconformist"?
4. What is another word for 'odd' according to one of the students?
5. What does Gruwell do the summer of 1996?
(a) Teach at Cal State.
(b) Look for a new job.
(c) Work at Nordstrom's and the Marriott.
(d) Teach at National University and go to Europe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Gruwell the day before the junior year begins?
2. What is Sharaud's goal when he arrives in Gruwell's class?
3. What makes Tommy Jefferson, a football player, cry?
4. What happens to a student's friends a year ago, when the student was a freshman?
5. How difficult is it for a student at Wilson to buy a gun?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)