|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter VII, Senior Year - Fall 1997.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Gruwell frustrated at the beginning of Spring, 1995 semester?
(a) The principal has new restrictions.
(b) She is not allowed to stay after school.
(c) There is one ordeal after the other from race riots to walkouts.
(d) The school board does not allow field trips.
2. What Christmas song is twisted during a sorority hazing?
(a) Deck the Halls.
(b) Here Comes Santa Claus.
(c) Jingle Bells.
(d) White Christmas.
3. A student who wants to be a aeronautical engineer gets to go to _______.
(c) NASA's Johnson Space Center.
(d) Jet Propulsion Lab in Pasadena.
4. Why is one student not able to play sports, climb gym ropes, swing, or do a pull-up?
(a) Because the student is overweight.
(b) Because the student has asthma.
(c) Because the student broke an arm.
(d) Because the student has cystic fibrosis.
5. What amazes a student about the bathrooms at the Century City Marriott?
(a) You have to pay a quarter to use the bathroom.
(b) The bathrooms have real towels, no trash on the floor, and no stall doors missing.
(c) There is an attendant in the bathroom.
(d) There is a bathroom for whites and one for other races.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the only kind of heroes one 15-year-old is familiar with before reading about Anne Frank?
2. How does a mother of a student die of shortly before her Christmas Eve birthday?
3. Why is it difficult for some students to take the SATs?
4. What incident made Schindler try to save every Jew he could?
5. What does one student realize after playing the Peanut Game?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)