|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter VII, Senior Year - Fall 1997.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the students need a receptionist every class period?
(a) They have so many visitors.
(b) To help write letters.
(c) To teach them how to behave in certain social situations.
(d) They are receiving so much mail.
2. What happens to Teres's father?
(a) He overdoses on crack.
(b) He is killed in a drive-by shooting.
(c) He is shoved in front of a train.
(d) He is shot in the head.
3. What important lesson does one student learn during her freshman year?
(a) That school can be interesting.
(b) That Gruwell is an extraordinary teacher.
(c) People do change.
(d) How to study.
4. What does a student want to tell a prisoner in West Virginia?
(a) That he must tell the judge he is innocent so he can be with his daughter.
(b) To write an apology letter to the family of the man he murdered.
(c) To think how he can be an influence even though he is in jail.
(d) To be on good behavior so he can get out soon.
5. What happens to a student when she runs away with her boyfriend?
(a) She goes to live with a relative far away from the boyfriend.
(b) She is sent to juvenile hall.
(c) She is homeschooled for awhile.
(d) Her parents ground her and transfer her to Wilson High.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Zlata when she speaks to the students?
2. What poem does a student write after realizing living in the ghetto and having brown skin does not mean you cannot be successful?
3. What are Zlata and one of the students both wearing when they meet?
4. What book relates to the life of a student who lives in an interment camp?
5. What road less traveled does a student decide to take Senior year?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)