|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Faith Healing".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is crucial when making splits?
(a) Making the splits long enough.
(b) Making clean cuts.
(c) Picking the correct timber.
(d) Making each split even.
2. What is the first recipe given in Mountain Recipes?
(a) Brunswick Stew.
(b) Aunt Arie's Cornbread.
(c) Apple Dumplings.
(d) Potato Bread.
3. How is Daniel Manous described in the first line of the chapter titled 'Daniel Manous?'
4. What does Mrs. Watts say her brothers used pine to build?
(d) Bows and Arrows.
5. What do most healers claim will happen if others hear them speak the words that God has given them to speak to heal someone?
(a) God will transfer the gift.
(b) The healer will loose their power.
(c) God ignores the request to heal the person.
(d) The person listening will go deaf over a period of time.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were the October Beans used as a substitute for?
2. What does Mrs. Watts say she and her brothers received one Christmas from Santa Clause?
3. What was a dog called whose job it was to keep the hogs and cows out of the corn?
4. What would happen if the wood used in tight-fitting tools and other objects wasn't seasoned?
5. What is a painter as it is referred to by the mountain people interviewed?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)