|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Faith Healing".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first recipe given in Mountain Recipes?
(a) Aunt Arie's Cornbread.
(b) Potato Bread.
(c) Brunswick Stew.
(d) Apple Dumplings.
2. What does Mrs. Watts say was their reaction to the gifts that Santa Clause had left them?
(a) They were too sick to enjoy them.
(b) They had wanted more but didn't say anything.
(c) The objects were hid away and saved as if gold.
(d) They were pleased.
3. What did a chimney have to do so that it didn't smoke?
(a) Go straight up.
(c) Face southeast.
(d) Have a hole under it to let the ashes fall out.
4. What does the healer, Charley Tyler, say causes Thrush?
(a) A cat in the house.
(b) Letting the child be dirty too long.
(c) Condemnation from God.
(d) Letting the child put somethin dirty in his mouth.
5. What were the October Beans used as a substitute for?
(a) Black eyed peas.
(d) Soup beans.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of ashes does Pearl Martin say they typically used?
2. What is Lon Reid said to still have?
3. Where is Aunt Arie's husband at the time the story is written?
4. Hickory was a very desirable wood but what was a drawback of this wood?
5. What had the Foxfire magazine's purpose started out being when they looked into writing about quilts?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)