|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Faith Healing".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is it typically unnecessary for farmers to hunt for food in the forest?
(a) It's a mystery.
(b) They can easily set out traps.
(c) They keep track of where the forst animals are and take them when asleep.
(d) They keep enough of their own livestock.
2. What were the earliest simple mattresses called?
(b) Rope Beds.
(c) Hay Mats.
(d) Feather Cushions.
3. What does Mrs. Pearl Martin say she does to clean her straw bed?
(a) She takes a wet cloth and wets it down.
(b) She puts new straw in it once a year.
(c) She hangs it up and gives it a thrashing.
(d) She takes the straw out and suns it then puts it back in.
4. What would happen if the wood used in tight-fitting tools and other objects wasn't seasoned?
(a) The wood would draw insects to the fresh sap.
(b) The wood would shrink and pull away as it dried.
(c) The wood would begin to rot.
(d) The wood would warp and bend as it dried.
5. Which of these is NOT a reason that some of the mountain people enjoy hunting?
(a) Thrill of the hunt.
(b) Change of meat.
(c) The boom of the gun.
(d) Money from the fur.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the beginning of 'Wood,' what does the author say is the most vital factor in determining the way of life of a self-sufficient people in a particular area?
2. What does Mrs. Algie Norton say makes the best Hominy?
3. What was said would happen to a young girl that slept under a new quilt?
4. What do most healers claim will happen if others hear them speak the words that God has given them to speak to heal someone?
5. When does Mrs. Algie Norton say she saw her first real mattress?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)