|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Faith Healing".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is done to the Dutch Oven before cooking with it?
(b) Greased heavily.
(c) Dry scrubbed.
2. What does Aunt Arie burn to keep snakes away?
(a) Snake skins.
(c) Old shoes.
(d) Fresh peach limbs.
3. How long does it take to produce coals?
(a) Twenty minutes.
(b) An hour.
(c) Three hours.
(d) You have to check the fire periodically.
4. What is the last thing that Mrs. Watts describes in her essay?
(a) The first car her family ever saw.
(b) When her parents died.
(c) The first time she left her home to go to the city.
(d) When her brother's got married.
5. What was made from the white oak splits that were made during the article 'White Oak Splits?'
(a) A jug.
(b) Two baskets.
(c) A guitar.
(d) A large chair.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the author, Paul Gillespie, say he is apprehensive about meeting Aunt Arie for the first time?
2. What was "This is the Way I was Raised Up" written on?
3. What does Pearl Martin say about the coloring of homemade soap?
4. What does Mrs. Harriet Echols say was done to clean a rope bed?
5. What does Minyard Conner say the bear died of in her story?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)