|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Faith Healing".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the fireplace once said to have been?
(a) Something that was often overlooked.
(b) What brought families together.
(c) A fanciful thing that people desired.
(d) The very center of home life.
2. Those who believe in the signs in part base their belief on what?
(d) Radio programs.
3. What does the healer, Charley Tyler, say causes Thrush?
(a) A cat in the house.
(b) Letting the child be dirty too long.
(c) Condemnation from God.
(d) Letting the child put somethin dirty in his mouth.
4. What is at the beginning of the chapter titled 'Planting by the Signs?'
(a) Bible scriptures.
(b) The reasons the students wrote this article.
(c) Days best for writing a magazine.
(d) Quotes from farmers.
5. What was the dog called that was trained to round up and bring in the livestock for butchering or for selling?
(a) Ketch dogs.
(b) Cattle dogs.
(c) Ham dogs.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was hog killing generally done?
2. What is the first recipe given in Mountain Recipes?
3. How long do the students say it took them to gather information about building the log cabin?
4. What does Mrs. Watts say her dolls were made from?
5. Why does the author, Paul Gillespie, say he is apprehensive about meeting Aunt Arie for the first time?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)