|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Rope, Straw, and Feathers are to Sleep on".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the authors say they have written down the information on building a log cabin?
(a) With detailed explanations.
(b) As a blue print.
(c) As a easily understood story.
(d) As a set of instructions.
2. What did the sign read when the students reached Lon Reid's property?
(a) Beware of Bees.
(b) No trespassing.
(c) Beware of Dogs.
(d) No revenuers.
3. What is Lon Reid said to still have?
(a) Active bee gum hives.
(b) An old stihl.
(c) His mother and father's sorghum mill.
(d) An ox and cart.
4. What was made from the white oak splits that were made during the article 'White Oak Splits?'
(a) A large chair.
(b) A jug.
(c) A guitar.
(d) Two baskets.
5. What does the Watt family leave their home to do as described by Mrs. Watts?
(a) Get supplies from the store.
(b) Get a new dog.
(c) Go find a doctor.
(d) See a car.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Watts say she and her brothers received one Christmas from Santa Clause?
2. What did a chimney have to do so that it didn't smoke?
3. What were early chimneys called?
4. Why does Aunt Arie say she never left her home?
5. What does it suggest in the instructions that the foundation of the log cabin should be made out of?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)