|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Rope, Straw, and Feathers are to Sleep on".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Watt family leave their home to do as described by Mrs. Watts?
(a) See a car.
(b) Get supplies from the store.
(c) Get a new dog.
(d) Go find a doctor.
2. What does Aunt Arie say she will do with the eyes?
(a) Put them in a soup.
(b) Throw them away.
(c) Grind them up in the sausage.
(d) Use them to make jelly.
3. Why is it suggested that the foundation be at least 18" high?
(a) To be well above the water satuation point.
(b) No one is sure.
(c) To prevent small animals from entering the house.
(d) Termites won't go any higher than 18"
4. What is said to be just as important as the tools?
(a) Food and shelter.
(b) The knowledge to use them.
(c) Hope and Love.
(d) The ability to pass this information down to future generations.
5. What does Aunt Arie ask the students to do when they walk into her house for the first time?
(a) Gut a chicken.
(b) Remove the eyes from a hog's head.
(c) Build a fire.
(d) Kill a snake.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of meat does Aunt Arie say she doesn't want?
2. What was "This is the Way I was Raised Up" written on?
3. What year was Foxfire established?
4. Aunt Arie tells the students not to do anything that they wouldn't want WHO to know?
5. What did a chimney have to do so that it didn't smoke?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)