|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Rope, Straw, and Feathers are to Sleep on".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was NOT added to the clay to help the chinking in the chimney set up more quickly?
2. What kind of vehicle drives past Mrs. Watts and her family?
(a) An Old Jalopy.
(b) An Army Vehicle.
(c) T-Model Ford.
(d) A Large Pickup.
3. What is Lon Reid said to still have?
(a) Active bee gum hives.
(b) His mother and father's sorghum mill.
(c) An ox and cart.
(d) An old stihl.
4. What happened to the once plentiful Chestnut trees?
(c) Global warming.
(d) Cut down by farmers.
5. What was made from the white oak splits that were made during the article 'White Oak Splits?'
(a) A jug.
(b) A guitar.
(c) A large chair.
(d) Two baskets.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the students responsible for getting when Foxfire is first started?
2. What is said to be just as important as the tools?
3. What was Eliot Wigginton's job at the time that he helped to start Foxfire?
4. What often attacked fresh chinking in chimneys?
5. Why does Aunt Arie explain that she doesn't want to cut the eye if she can help it?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)