|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Rope, Straw, and Feathers are to Sleep on".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of these methods was not a way to cure wood?
(b) Stack the Lumber Crosswise.
(c) Salt the Ends.
(d) Use Dry Kiln.
2. What happened to the once plentiful Chestnut trees?
(a) Cut down by farmers.
(d) Global warming.
3. Why does Beulah say that she has had a possum head cooked for her in her past?
(a) Because they were hungry.
(b) They wondered what it tasted like.
(c) Her father didn't believe in killing something for no reason.
(d) As a reward for good behavior.
4. When does Mrs. Lester Norton say that they changed the straw in her straw mattress?
(a) Whenever it got flat.
(b) Right before flu season hits.
(c) Thrashing time each year.
(d) Whenever a new one is needed.
5. What might happen if there wasn't a proper footing on the chimney?
(a) Animals would burrow under it.
(b) It wouldn't draw properly.
(c) It could catch on fire.
(d) It might tilt away from the house or collapse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What two things were said to have been brought to the forests our ancestors settled in the chapter titled "Tools and Skills?"
2. What does Aunt Arie ask the students to do when they walk into her house for the first time?
3. What does Mrs. Watts say her brothers used pine to build?
4. What was "This is the Way I was Raised Up" written on?
5. How does Wigginton explain that the information in this book was originally given to the people that were interviewed?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)