|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Rope, Straw, and Feathers are to Sleep on".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Mrs. Watts' family use to make coffee?
2. How long does it take the first printing of Foxfire to sell out?
(a) Six Months.
(b) One Month.
(c) One Week.
(d) They never sell out.
3. Which of these methods was not a way to cure wood?
(a) Use Dry Kiln.
(b) Stack the Lumber Crosswise.
(c) Salt the Ends.
4. How long do the students say it took them to gather information about building the log cabin?
(a) Six months.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) An entire summer.
(d) A full year.
5. What was "This is the Way I was Raised Up" written on?
(a) Small piece of paper.
(c) Back of the People Magazine.
(d) Cardboard Box.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Mrs. Lester Norton say that they changed the straw in her straw mattress?
2. What is NOT needed for hewing?
3. Why does the author, Paul Gillespie, say he is apprehensive about meeting Aunt Arie for the first time?
4. Why is the wood for chairs usually gathered in the winter or fall?
5. What does Aunt Arie ask the students to do when they walk into her house for the first time?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)