|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Rope, Straw, and Feathers are to Sleep on".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of these methods was not a way to cure wood?
(b) Use Dry Kiln.
(c) Stack the Lumber Crosswise.
(d) Salt the Ends.
2. What is NOT included in the article 'Rope, Straw, and Feathers are to Sleep on?'
(d) Places to buy your own hand crafted feather bed.
3. Why does Aunt Arie say she never left her home?
(a) She felt as if someone was coming.
(b) She couldn't stand to leave her home.
(c) She was too scared.
(d) This is where her stuff was.
4. What does Wigginton suggest could be an answer to student failure?
(a) A Hobby
(b) Inventive Teaching.
(c) Pride in Thier Community.
(d) Parent Involvement.
5. What were early chimneys called?
(a) Stick-and-Mud chimneys.
(b) Brick Rock chimenys
(c) Smoke stacks.
(d) Possum cages.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the sign read when the students reached Lon Reid's property?
2. What was "This is the Way I was Raised Up" written on?
3. How do the authors say they have written down the information on building a log cabin?
4. Which of the following national groups have supported Foxfire?
5. What does Wigginton say is NOT a primary concern in the magazine?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)