|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Rope, Straw, and Feathers are to Sleep on".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Aunt Arie say she will do with the eyes?
(a) Put them in a soup.
(b) Throw them away.
(c) Grind them up in the sausage.
(d) Use them to make jelly.
2. Why is it suggested that the foundation be at least 18" high?
(a) Termites won't go any higher than 18"
(b) To prevent small animals from entering the house.
(c) To be well above the water satuation point.
(d) No one is sure.
3. What does the Watt family leave their home to do as described by Mrs. Watts?
(a) Go find a doctor.
(b) Get a new dog.
(c) See a car.
(d) Get supplies from the store.
4. What does Mrs. Watts say her dolls were made from?
(c) Animal Hide.
(d) Animal Bones.
5. In what area do the people interviewed for Foxfire live?
(a) Kentucky Plains.
(b) Ozark Mountains.
(c) Appalachian Mountains.
(d) Mississippi River.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Wigginton explain that the information in this book was originally given to the people that were interviewed?
2. Why does Beulah say that she has had a possum head cooked for her in her past?
3. What did a chimney have to do so that it didn't smoke?
4. How long does it take the first printing of Foxfire to sell out?
5. What does it suggest in the instructions that the foundation of the log cabin should be made out of?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)