|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Rope, Straw, and Feathers are to Sleep on".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did a chimney have to do so that it didn't smoke?
(a) Face southeast.
(b) Go straight up.
(d) Have a hole under it to let the ashes fall out.
2. What has caused the loss of the fine art of building a genuine log cabin?
(a) European influence.
(b) Trend toward an easier life.
(c) Lack of trees.
(d) Desire for unique looking houses.
3. What did Mrs. Watts' family use to make coffee?
4. Which of the following national groups have supported Foxfire?
(a) National Geographic.
5. What does Mrs. Harriet Echols say was done to clean a rope bed?
(a) The rope was boiled every spring.
(b) There was new material laid over the rope frame when needed.
(c) They never needed cleaning.
(d) The rope was replaced every two to five years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Watts say her dolls were made from?
2. Where is Aunt Arie's husband at the time the story is written?
3. What two things were said to have been brought to the forests our ancestors settled in the chapter titled "Tools and Skills?"
4. What is NOT needed for hewing?
5. What does Mrs. Pearl Martin say she does to clean her straw bed?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)