|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Rope, Straw, and Feathers are to Sleep on".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the wood for chairs usually gathered in the winter or fall?
(a) It is the time best for allowing the trees to set out and cure.
(b) Because sap levels are lowest then.
(c) Because this is the time of year when the trees begin to slow their growing.
(d) This is when the barks show the best woods.
2. What does the term 'Dressing' refer to?
(a) Bandaging up wounds while working.
(b) Painting and detailing finished works.
(c) Getting dressed.
(d) Smoothing surfaces of boards and beams.
3. What does Mrs. Watts say her brothers used pine to build?
(c) Bows and Arrows.
4. How far does Mrs. Watts say they had to travel to see the car?
(a) Over the Mountain a far piece.
(b) Five Miles.
(c) She was too little to recal how far.
(d) One Mile.
5. What often attacked fresh chinking in chimneys?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aunt Arie say she will do with the eyes?
2. Who are the students NOT told to interview for Foxfire?
3. Aunt Arie tells the students not to do anything that they wouldn't want WHO to know?
4. What does Bill Lamb say a out the first chimney he ever built?
5. Hickory was a very desirable wood but what was a drawback of this wood?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)