|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Rope, Straw, and Feathers are to Sleep on".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the sign read when the students reached Lon Reid's property?
(a) No revenuers.
(b) Beware of Bees.
(c) Beware of Dogs.
(d) No trespassing.
2. What kind of vehicle drives past Mrs. Watts and her family?
(a) An Army Vehicle.
(b) T-Model Ford.
(c) A Large Pickup.
(d) An Old Jalopy.
3. What was used for bread when cornmeal and wheat could not be ground?
4. What does the term 'Dressing' refer to?
(a) Smoothing surfaces of boards and beams.
(b) Bandaging up wounds while working.
(c) Getting dressed.
(d) Painting and detailing finished works.
5. How many copies of Foxfire are printed the very first time it is printed?
(a) A Thousand.
(b) Two Hundred.
(c) They Lost Count.
(d) Six Hundred.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Watts say her brothers used pine to build?
2. How long does it take the first printing of Foxfire to sell out?
3. What is the last thing that Mrs. Watts describes in her essay?
4. In the beginning of 'Wood,' what does the author say is the most vital factor in determining the way of life of a self-sufficient people in a particular area?
5. What did a chimney have to do so that it didn't smoke?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)