|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Rope, Straw, and Feathers are to Sleep on".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what area do the people interviewed for Foxfire live?
(a) Appalachian Mountains.
(b) Mississippi River.
(c) Ozark Mountains.
(d) Kentucky Plains.
2. What might happen if there wasn't a proper footing on the chimney?
(a) Animals would burrow under it.
(b) It could catch on fire.
(c) It wouldn't draw properly.
(d) It might tilt away from the house or collapse.
3. What did Dan's father say to do if the limbs on the white oak droop?
(a) Take that tree.
(b) Let the tree stand.
(c) Cut off the limbs and let it be for a week.
(d) Avoid all trees within a twenty foot spread of that one.
4. What does Mrs. Harriet Echols say was done to clean a rope bed?
(a) The rope was boiled every spring.
(b) The rope was replaced every two to five years.
(c) There was new material laid over the rope frame when needed.
(d) They never needed cleaning.
5. What is NOT included in the article 'Rope, Straw, and Feathers are to Sleep on?'
(d) Places to buy your own hand crafted feather bed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Watt family leave their home to do as described by Mrs. Watts?
2. What does the term 'Dressing' refer to?
3. What are Aunt Arie's stories said to be "spiced" with?
4. What does Foxfire first start out as?
5. What two things were said to have been brought to the forests our ancestors settled in the chapter titled "Tools and Skills?"
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)