|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Rope, Straw, and Feathers are to Sleep on".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was used for bread when cornmeal and wheat could not be ground?
2. What did the sign read when the students reached Lon Reid's property?
(a) No trespassing.
(b) Beware of Bees.
(c) No revenuers.
(d) Beware of Dogs.
3. What does Mrs. Watts say was their reaction to the gifts that Santa Clause had left them?
(a) They had wanted more but didn't say anything.
(b) They were pleased.
(c) The objects were hid away and saved as if gold.
(d) They were too sick to enjoy them.
4. How long does it take the first printing of Foxfire to sell out?
(a) One Week.
(b) They never sell out.
(c) One Month.
(d) Six Months.
5. What happened to the once plentiful Chestnut trees?
(a) Cut down by farmers.
(b) Global warming.
Short Answer Questions
1. What two things were said to have been brought to the forests our ancestors settled in the chapter titled "Tools and Skills?"
2. What were early chimneys called?
3. What is NOT included in the article 'Rope, Straw, and Feathers are to Sleep on?'
4. What does Aunt Arie ask the students to do when they walk into her house for the first time?
5. What does Aunt Arie say she would put in if she had plenty of money?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)