|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Rope, Straw, and Feathers are to Sleep on".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What often attacked fresh chinking in chimneys?
2. Why does Beulah say that she has had a possum head cooked for her in her past?
(a) They wondered what it tasted like.
(b) Her father didn't believe in killing something for no reason.
(c) Because they were hungry.
(d) As a reward for good behavior.
3. Why is the wood for chairs usually gathered in the winter or fall?
(a) Because this is the time of year when the trees begin to slow their growing.
(b) It is the time best for allowing the trees to set out and cure.
(c) Because sap levels are lowest then.
(d) This is when the barks show the best woods.
4. Hickory was a very desirable wood but what was a drawback of this wood?
(a) It attracked termites.
(b) It would bow badly in humid weather.
(c) It splintered out easily.
(d) It was hard to work.
5. What does Wigginton say is NOT a primary concern in the magazine?
(c) Historical Facts.
(d) Proper English.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Dan's father say to do if the limbs on the white oak droop?
2. What does the Watt family leave their home to do as described by Mrs. Watts?
3. Who are the students NOT told to interview for Foxfire?
4. What tool is needed for drilling holes?
5. What is said to be just as important as the tools?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)