|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Rope, Straw, and Feathers are to Sleep on".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ailment does Aunt Arie have according to the author?
(a) Blind due to cataracts.
(b) Deaf due to fever.
(c) Crazy due to living in the woods alone.
(d) Paralyzed due to stroke.
2. What were the earliest simple mattresses called?
(a) Feather Cushions.
(b) Rope Beds.
(c) Hay Mats.
3. At the end of the interview what does the student say men like Lon live oblivious to?
(a) That there are skyscrapers covering the world.
(b) That men are on the moon.
(c) That the world has changed so much in the past 100 years.
(d) That there is anything unique about Lon's life.
4. What does Aunt Arie say she would put in if she had plenty of money?
(a) A toilet.
(b) A sink.
(c) A new roof.
(d) A new hog pen.
5. How many copies of Foxfire are printed the very first time it is printed?
(a) Six Hundred.
(b) They Lost Count.
(c) A Thousand.
(d) Two Hundred.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the wood for chairs usually gathered in the winter or fall?
2. When does Mrs. Algie Norton say she saw her first real mattress?
3. Why does Beulah say that she has had a possum head cooked for her in her past?
4. What was Eliot Wigginton's job at the time that he helped to start Foxfire?
5. What does Mrs. Pearl Martin say she does to clean her straw bed?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)