|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Rope, Straw, and Feathers are to Sleep on".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the last thing that Mrs. Watts describes in her essay?
(a) When her parents died.
(b) The first car her family ever saw.
(c) The first time she left her home to go to the city.
(d) When her brother's got married.
2. Which of these methods was not a way to cure wood?
(a) Use Dry Kiln.
(b) Salt the Ends.
(d) Stack the Lumber Crosswise.
3. When does Mrs. Algie Norton say she saw her first real mattress?
(a) When she was about ten or twelve.
(b) When her daughter got married.
(c) She has never seen a real mattress.
(d) When she was grown.
4. Where is Aunt Arie's husband at the time the story is written?
(a) Off working.
(b) No one is sure.
(d) Sick in bed.
5. What does Bill Lamb say a out the first chimney he ever built?
(a) It took a year to build.
(b) A tornado took it a week after it was built.
(c) It lasted one winter and fell appart.
(d) It'd smoke apossum out'a th' house.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the beginning of 'Wood,' what does the author say is the most vital factor in determining the way of life of a self-sufficient people in a particular area?
2. How many copies of Foxfire are printed the very first time it is printed?
3. What two things are white oak splits traditionally used for?
4. Why does Aunt Arie say she never left her home?
5. What does the term 'Dressing' refer to?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)