|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Rope, Straw, and Feathers are to Sleep on".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Beulah say that she has had a possum head cooked for her in her past?
(a) Her father didn't believe in killing something for no reason.
(b) As a reward for good behavior.
(c) Because they were hungry.
(d) They wondered what it tasted like.
2. When does Mrs. Algie Norton say she saw her first real mattress?
(a) She has never seen a real mattress.
(b) When she was about ten or twelve.
(c) When she was grown.
(d) When her daughter got married.
3. What has caused the loss of the fine art of building a genuine log cabin?
(a) Trend toward an easier life.
(b) European influence.
(c) Lack of trees.
(d) Desire for unique looking houses.
4. What does Aunt Arie say she will do with the eyes?
(a) Throw them away.
(b) Use them to make jelly.
(c) Grind them up in the sausage.
(d) Put them in a soup.
5. What is Lon Reid said to still have?
(a) Active bee gum hives.
(b) An old stihl.
(c) An ox and cart.
(d) His mother and father's sorghum mill.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the authors say they have written down the information on building a log cabin?
2. Hickory was a very desirable wood but what was a drawback of this wood?
3. What kind of vehicle drives past Mrs. Watts and her family?
4. Why does Aunt Arie say she never left her home?
5. What is the last thing that Mrs. Watts describes in her essay?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)