|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Rope, Straw, and Feathers are to Sleep on".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Mrs. Watts' family use to make coffee?
2. What are Aunt Arie's stories said to be "spiced" with?
(a) Local gossip.
(b) Quaint Euphemisms.
3. What were many of the tools made out of that the pioneers used?
(a) Blood, sweat, and tears.
4. What does it suggest in the instructions that the foundation of the log cabin should be made out of?
(a) Solid rock spanning the length and width of the house.
(b) Large boulders placed at the four corners of the house and each 10 foot between.
(c) An elevated dirt floor.
(d) Cured white oat logs that have been scorched to prevent termite damage.
5. What kind of vehicle drives past Mrs. Watts and her family?
(a) An Old Jalopy.
(b) A Large Pickup.
(c) T-Model Ford.
(d) An Army Vehicle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the wood for chairs usually gathered in the winter or fall?
2. What do the students say is one reason why they have asked Beulah to help them make a basket?
3. What does Bill Lamb say a out the first chimney he ever built?
4. What does Wigginton say is NOT a primary concern in the magazine?
5. Which of the following national groups have supported Foxfire?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)