|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Rope, Straw, and Feathers are to Sleep on".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is said to be just as important as the tools?
(a) Food and shelter.
(b) The ability to pass this information down to future generations.
(c) Hope and Love.
(d) The knowledge to use them.
2. How far does Mrs. Watts say they had to travel to see the car?
(a) Five Miles.
(b) Over the Mountain a far piece.
(c) She was too little to recal how far.
(d) One Mile.
3. What does Aunt Arie say she will do with the eyes?
(a) Throw them away.
(b) Put them in a soup.
(c) Use them to make jelly.
(d) Grind them up in the sausage.
4. What were many of the tools made out of that the pioneers used?
(d) Blood, sweat, and tears.
5. What does Bill Lamb say a out the first chimney he ever built?
(a) It'd smoke apossum out'a th' house.
(b) It lasted one winter and fell appart.
(c) It took a year to build.
(d) A tornado took it a week after it was built.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the students say is one reason why they have asked Beulah to help them make a basket?
2. Why does the author, Paul Gillespie, say he is apprehensive about meeting Aunt Arie for the first time?
3. Which of the following national groups have supported Foxfire?
4. What tool is needed for drilling holes?
5. In the beginning of 'Wood,' what does the author say is the most vital factor in determining the way of life of a self-sufficient people in a particular area?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)