|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Rope, Straw, and Feathers are to Sleep on".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Mrs. Watts' family use to make coffee?
2. What does the term 'Dressing' refer to?
(a) Bandaging up wounds while working.
(b) Getting dressed.
(c) Painting and detailing finished works.
(d) Smoothing surfaces of boards and beams.
3. What kind of meat does Aunt Arie say she doesn't want?
4. What does Aunt Arie say she would put in if she had plenty of money?
(a) A sink.
(b) A toilet.
(c) A new hog pen.
(d) A new roof.
5. Why does the author, Paul Gillespie, say he is apprehensive about meeting Aunt Arie for the first time?
(a) He didn't know what to expect.
(b) He believed she would not welcome him.
(c) He knew she was crazy.
(d) He had heard she was very ill.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is it suggested that the foundation be at least 18" high?
2. Why is the wood for chairs usually gathered in the winter or fall?
3. Where is Aunt Arie's husband at the time the story is written?
4. What does Aunt Arie say she is going to make?
5. What does it suggest in the instructions that the foundation of the log cabin should be made out of?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)