|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Rope, Straw, and Feathers are to Sleep on".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hickory was a very desirable wood but what was a drawback of this wood?
(a) It would bow badly in humid weather.
(b) It attracked termites.
(c) It was hard to work.
(d) It splintered out easily.
2. Why does Aunt Arie explain that she doesn't want to cut the eye if she can help it?
(a) It's bad luck.
(b) It is sticky.
(c) It will give the souse meat a rancid flavor.
(d) Black stuff will run out onto everything.
3. How does Wigginton explain that the information in this book was originally given to the people that were interviewed?
(a) Sang about in songs.
(b) People just seemed to know it.
(c) Written down in family Bibles.
(d) Passed generation to generation.
4. What does Wigginton say is NOT a primary concern in the magazine?
(c) Historical Facts.
(d) Proper English.
5. What does Aunt Arie say she will do with the eyes?
(a) Use them to make jelly.
(b) Grind them up in the sausage.
(c) Throw them away.
(d) Put them in a soup.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aunt Arie say she would put in if she had plenty of money?
2. What did a chimney have to do so that it didn't smoke?
3. How far does Mrs. Watts say they had to travel to see the car?
4. Where did Lon learn to make chairs?
5. What does Aunt Arie say she is going to make?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)