|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Chimney Building".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Wigginton explain that the information in this book was originally given to the people that were interviewed?
(a) Passed generation to generation.
(b) Written down in family Bibles.
(c) People just seemed to know it.
(d) Sang about in songs.
2. What two things were said to have been brought to the forests our ancestors settled in the chapter titled "Tools and Skills?"
(a) Love and hope.
(b) Tools and faith.
(c) Knowledge and determination.
(d) Tools and igenuity.
3. In what area do the people interviewed for Foxfire live?
(a) Appalachian Mountains.
(b) Ozark Mountains.
(c) Kentucky Plains.
(d) Mississippi River.
4. Why does Aunt Arie say she never left her home?
(a) This is where her stuff was.
(b) She was too scared.
(c) She couldn't stand to leave her home.
(d) She felt as if someone was coming.
5. Where is Aunt Arie's husband at the time the story is written?
(b) Sick in bed.
(c) No one is sure.
(d) Off working.
Short Answer Questions
1. What ailment does Aunt Arie have according to the author?
2. What was "This is the Way I was Raised Up" written on?
3. What has caused the loss of the fine art of building a genuine log cabin?
4. In the beginning of 'Wood,' what does the author say is the most vital factor in determining the way of life of a self-sufficient people in a particular area?
5. What was Eliot Wigginton's job at the time that he helped to start Foxfire?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)