|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Chimney Building".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were many of the tools made out of that the pioneers used?
(a) Blood, sweat, and tears.
2. What year was Foxfire established?
3. What does it suggest in the instructions that the foundation of the log cabin should be made out of?
(a) Cured white oat logs that have been scorched to prevent termite damage.
(b) Solid rock spanning the length and width of the house.
(c) Large boulders placed at the four corners of the house and each 10 foot between.
(d) An elevated dirt floor.
4. In the beginning of 'Wood,' what does the author say is the most vital factor in determining the way of life of a self-sufficient people in a particular area?
(c) Natural resources.
5. What was the Black Gum NOT used for?
(a) Wagon Wheels.
(b) Bee gums.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Aunt Arie's stories said to be "spiced" with?
2. What does Aunt Arie say she will do with the eyes?
3. What does Aunt Arie say she is going to make?
4. Which of these methods was not a way to cure wood?
5. How long do the students say it took them to gather information about building the log cabin?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)