|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Chimney Building".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the last thing that Mrs. Watts describes in her essay?
(a) When her brother's got married.
(b) The first time she left her home to go to the city.
(c) When her parents died.
(d) The first car her family ever saw.
2. What ailment does Aunt Arie have according to the author?
(a) Blind due to cataracts.
(b) Crazy due to living in the woods alone.
(c) Paralyzed due to stroke.
(d) Deaf due to fever.
3. What were early chimneys called?
(a) Stick-and-Mud chimneys.
(b) Brick Rock chimenys
(c) Smoke stacks.
(d) Possum cages.
4. How long do the students say it took them to gather information about building the log cabin?
(a) Six months.
(b) A full year.
(c) An entire summer.
(d) Two weeks.
5. What does Wigginton suggest could be an answer to student failure?
(a) Inventive Teaching.
(b) Pride in Thier Community.
(c) Parent Involvement.
(d) A Hobby
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Aunt Arie say she never left her home?
2. What does Bill Lamb say a out the first chimney he ever built?
3. What kind of meat does Aunt Arie say she doesn't want?
4. How long does it take the first printing of Foxfire to sell out?
5. What did a chimney have to do so that it didn't smoke?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)