|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Chimney Building".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of vehicle drives past Mrs. Watts and her family?
(a) An Army Vehicle.
(b) An Old Jalopy.
(c) T-Model Ford.
(d) A Large Pickup.
2. Aunt Arie tells the students not to do anything that they wouldn't want WHO to know?
(a) Mommy and Poppy.
(c) Yarn Pastor.
3. What was NOT added to the clay to help the chinking in the chimney set up more quickly?
4. Where is Aunt Arie's husband at the time the story is written?
(a) No one is sure.
(b) Off working.
(d) Sick in bed.
5. What are Aunt Arie's stories said to be "spiced" with?
(c) Local gossip.
(d) Quaint Euphemisms.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does it take the first printing of Foxfire to sell out?
2. What were early chimneys called?
3. What ailment does Aunt Arie have according to the author?
4. What does it suggest in the instructions that the foundation of the log cabin should be made out of?
5. What might happen if there wasn't a proper footing on the chimney?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)