|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Chimney Building".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hickory was a very desirable wood but what was a drawback of this wood?
(a) It splintered out easily.
(b) It was hard to work.
(c) It would bow badly in humid weather.
(d) It attracked termites.
2. What was Eliot Wigginton's job at the time that he helped to start Foxfire?
(a) High School Teacher.
(c) Carnival Worker.
3. What does the Watt family leave their home to do as described by Mrs. Watts?
(a) Go find a doctor.
(b) See a car.
(c) Get supplies from the store.
(d) Get a new dog.
4. What year was Foxfire established?
5. Why does Aunt Arie explain that she doesn't want to cut the eye if she can help it?
(a) It's bad luck.
(b) Black stuff will run out onto everything.
(c) It will give the souse meat a rancid flavor.
(d) It is sticky.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Aunt Arie's stories said to be "spiced" with?
2. What did a chimney have to do so that it didn't smoke?
3. How long does it take the first printing of Foxfire to sell out?
4. Who are the students NOT told to interview for Foxfire?
5. How far does Mrs. Watts say they had to travel to see the car?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)