|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Chimney Building".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was "This is the Way I was Raised Up" written on?
(a) Back of the People Magazine.
(b) Small piece of paper.
(d) Cardboard Box.
2. What is NOT needed for hewing?
(b) Foot adze.
(d) Pole axe.
3. Why does Aunt Arie explain that she doesn't want to cut the eye if she can help it?
(a) It is sticky.
(b) It will give the souse meat a rancid flavor.
(c) Black stuff will run out onto everything.
(d) It's bad luck.
4. What kind of vehicle drives past Mrs. Watts and her family?
(a) T-Model Ford.
(b) A Large Pickup.
(c) An Army Vehicle.
(d) An Old Jalopy.
5. What did the Editor do so that the contents were not altered for the story?
(a) Had the English teacher go over it.
(b) Provided many pictures and details for the article.
(c) Had Mrs. Watts proof read it.
(d) Published it just as Mrs. Watts wrote it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following national groups have supported Foxfire?
2. Aunt Arie tells the students not to do anything that they wouldn't want WHO to know?
3. What happened to the once plentiful Chestnut trees?
4. What are Aunt Arie's stories said to be "spiced" with?
5. How many copies of Foxfire are printed the very first time it is printed?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)