|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Chimney Building".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the Sleepers?
(a) Tools that are used to create notches.
(d) Floor beams of the cabin.
2. What has caused the loss of the fine art of building a genuine log cabin?
(a) Trend toward an easier life.
(b) Desire for unique looking houses.
(c) Lack of trees.
(d) European influence.
3. Why does the author, Paul Gillespie, say he is apprehensive about meeting Aunt Arie for the first time?
(a) He believed she would not welcome him.
(b) He knew she was crazy.
(c) He had heard she was very ill.
(d) He didn't know what to expect.
4. What was Eliot Wigginton's job at the time that he helped to start Foxfire?
(a) High School Teacher.
(c) Carnival Worker.
5. What does Aunt Arie say she is going to make?
(d) Souse Meat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to the once plentiful Chestnut trees?
2. What does Wigginton suggest could be an answer to student failure?
3. What are Aunt Arie's stories said to be "spiced" with?
4. Why is it suggested that the foundation be at least 18" high?
5. Where is Aunt Arie's husband at the time the story is written?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)