|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Chimney Building".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does it suggest in the instructions that the foundation of the log cabin should be made out of?
(a) Solid rock spanning the length and width of the house.
(b) Large boulders placed at the four corners of the house and each 10 foot between.
(c) An elevated dirt floor.
(d) Cured white oat logs that have been scorched to prevent termite damage.
2. What kind of meat does Aunt Arie say she doesn't want?
3. Which of these methods was not a way to cure wood?
(a) Stack the Lumber Crosswise.
(c) Salt the Ends.
(d) Use Dry Kiln.
4. What kind of vehicle drives past Mrs. Watts and her family?
(a) An Old Jalopy.
(b) A Large Pickup.
(c) An Army Vehicle.
(d) T-Model Ford.
5. How many copies of Foxfire are printed the very first time it is printed?
(a) Two Hundred.
(b) A Thousand.
(c) Six Hundred.
(d) They Lost Count.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Watts say was their reaction to the gifts that Santa Clause had left them?
2. What did Mrs. Watts' family use to make coffee?
3. What does Wigginton suggest could be an answer to student failure?
4. How long do the students say it took them to gather information about building the log cabin?
5. What was NOT added to the clay to help the chinking in the chimney set up more quickly?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)