|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Chimney Building".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hickory was a very desirable wood but what was a drawback of this wood?
(a) It splintered out easily.
(b) It attracked termites.
(c) It would bow badly in humid weather.
(d) It was hard to work.
2. What two things were said to have been brought to the forests our ancestors settled in the chapter titled "Tools and Skills?"
(a) Tools and faith.
(b) Love and hope.
(c) Tools and igenuity.
(d) Knowledge and determination.
3. What year was Foxfire established?
4. How do the authors say they have written down the information on building a log cabin?
(a) As a blue print.
(b) As a easily understood story.
(c) As a set of instructions.
(d) With detailed explanations.
5. What are the students responsible for getting when Foxfire is first started?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of meat does Aunt Arie say she doesn't want?
2. What were early chimneys called?
3. What might happen if there wasn't a proper footing on the chimney?
4. What did the Editor do so that the contents were not altered for the story?
5. Why does Aunt Arie explain that she doesn't want to cut the eye if she can help it?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)