|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Chimney Building".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Aunt Arie tells the students not to do anything that they wouldn't want WHO to know?
(b) Mommy and Poppy.
(c) Yarn Pastor.
2. What might happen if there wasn't a proper footing on the chimney?
(a) It wouldn't draw properly.
(b) It might tilt away from the house or collapse.
(c) It could catch on fire.
(d) Animals would burrow under it.
3. What did the Editor do so that the contents were not altered for the story?
(a) Provided many pictures and details for the article.
(b) Had Mrs. Watts proof read it.
(c) Published it just as Mrs. Watts wrote it.
(d) Had the English teacher go over it.
4. What does the term 'Dressing' refer to?
(a) Getting dressed.
(b) Smoothing surfaces of boards and beams.
(c) Bandaging up wounds while working.
(d) Painting and detailing finished works.
5. How many copies of Foxfire are printed the very first time it is printed?
(a) Six Hundred.
(b) A Thousand.
(c) They Lost Count.
(d) Two Hundred.
Short Answer Questions
1. What two things were said to have been brought to the forests our ancestors settled in the chapter titled "Tools and Skills?"
2. What is NOT needed for hewing?
3. Hickory was a very desirable wood but what was a drawback of this wood?
4. Which of these methods was not a way to cure wood?
5. What would happen if the wood used in tight-fitting tools and other objects wasn't seasoned?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)