|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Chimney Building".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Wigginton say is NOT a primary concern in the magazine?
(c) Historical Facts.
(d) Proper English.
2. What does Mrs. Watts say she and her brothers received one Christmas from Santa Clause?
(a) A candy bar and some new socks.
(b) An apple and a bag of marbles.
(c) Pig tails and a lump of coal.
(d) Three pieces of candy and an orange.
3. What does it suggest in the instructions that the foundation of the log cabin should be made out of?
(a) Large boulders placed at the four corners of the house and each 10 foot between.
(b) Solid rock spanning the length and width of the house.
(c) An elevated dirt floor.
(d) Cured white oat logs that have been scorched to prevent termite damage.
4. Aunt Arie tells the students not to do anything that they wouldn't want WHO to know?
(a) Yarn Pastor.
(c) Mommy and Poppy.
5. What are the students responsible for getting when Foxfire is first started?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Watts say was their reaction to the gifts that Santa Clause had left them?
2. How long do the students say it took them to gather information about building the log cabin?
3. What does Aunt Arie ask the students to do when they walk into her house for the first time?
4. What is the last thing that Mrs. Watts describes in her essay?
5. What is NOT needed for hewing?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)