|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Chimney Building".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would happen if the wood used in tight-fitting tools and other objects wasn't seasoned?
(a) The wood would warp and bend as it dried.
(b) The wood would begin to rot.
(c) The wood would draw insects to the fresh sap.
(d) The wood would shrink and pull away as it dried.
2. What did Mrs. Watts' family use to make coffee?
3. What was Eliot Wigginton's job at the time that he helped to start Foxfire?
(a) High School Teacher.
(d) Carnival Worker.
4. What are the students responsible for getting when Foxfire is first started?
5. What kind of vehicle drives past Mrs. Watts and her family?
(a) An Old Jalopy.
(b) A Large Pickup.
(c) T-Model Ford.
(d) An Army Vehicle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following national groups have supported Foxfire?
2. Aunt Arie tells the students not to do anything that they wouldn't want WHO to know?
3. What does Aunt Arie say she is going to make?
4. What year was Foxfire established?
5. How do the authors say they have written down the information on building a log cabin?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)