|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Chimney Building".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What might happen if there wasn't a proper footing on the chimney?
(a) Animals would burrow under it.
(b) It wouldn't draw properly.
(c) It could catch on fire.
(d) It might tilt away from the house or collapse.
2. What are Aunt Arie's stories said to be "spiced" with?
(a) Quaint Euphemisms.
(d) Local gossip.
3. What does the Watt family leave their home to do as described by Mrs. Watts?
(a) Go find a doctor.
(b) Get supplies from the store.
(c) Get a new dog.
(d) See a car.
4. How long do the students say it took them to gather information about building the log cabin?
(a) A full year.
(b) An entire summer.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Six months.
5. What does Aunt Arie say she is going to make?
(c) Souse Meat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aunt Arie say she will do with the eyes?
2. What kind of meat does Aunt Arie say she doesn't want?
3. What were early chimneys called?
4. What happened to the once plentiful Chestnut trees?
5. How does Wigginton explain that the information in this book was originally given to the people that were interviewed?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)