|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Chimney Building".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Mrs. Watts' family use to make coffee?
2. What does Wigginton say is NOT a primary concern in the magazine?
(b) Historical Facts.
(d) Proper English.
3. How does Wigginton explain that the information in this book was originally given to the people that were interviewed?
(a) Passed generation to generation.
(b) People just seemed to know it.
(c) Written down in family Bibles.
(d) Sang about in songs.
4. What does Wigginton suggest could be an answer to student failure?
(a) Parent Involvement.
(b) Pride in Thier Community.
(c) Inventive Teaching.
(d) A Hobby
5. What kind of vehicle drives past Mrs. Watts and her family?
(a) An Army Vehicle.
(b) An Old Jalopy.
(c) T-Model Ford.
(d) A Large Pickup.
Short Answer Questions
1. What two things were said to have been brought to the forests our ancestors settled in the chapter titled "Tools and Skills?"
2. What is the last thing that Mrs. Watts describes in her essay?
3. Why is it suggested that the foundation be at least 18" high?
4. What does Mrs. Watts say was their reaction to the gifts that Santa Clause had left them?
5. How far does Mrs. Watts say they had to travel to see the car?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)