|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Chimney Building".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were early chimneys called?
(a) Smoke stacks.
(b) Possum cages.
(c) Brick Rock chimenys
(d) Stick-and-Mud chimneys.
2. What does Aunt Arie say she is going to make?
(c) Souse Meat.
3. Which of the following national groups have supported Foxfire?
(a) National Geographic.
4. What does Foxfire first start out as?
(a) Small Newspaper.
(b) Book Series.
(d) Oral Report.
5. What did the Editor do so that the contents were not altered for the story?
(a) Had the English teacher go over it.
(b) Provided many pictures and details for the article.
(c) Published it just as Mrs. Watts wrote it.
(d) Had Mrs. Watts proof read it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Aunt Arie's husband at the time the story is written?
2. What kind of vehicle drives past Mrs. Watts and her family?
3. What are Aunt Arie's stories said to be "spiced" with?
4. Which of these methods was not a way to cure wood?
5. What would happen if the wood used in tight-fitting tools and other objects wasn't seasoned?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)