|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Recipes for Hog".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of grease does Pearl Martin say she usually likes to use in her soap, although you can use most any kind?
(a) Mutton tallow.
(b) Whatever she has on hand.
(c) Chicken grease.
(d) Hog grease.
2. What are the students responsible for getting when Foxfire is first started?
3. Aunt Arie tells the students not to do anything that they wouldn't want WHO to know?
(a) Mommy and Poppy.
(b) Yarn Pastor.
4. What is 'side meat' made into?
(b) Pork chops.
5. What type of milk should be used when churning butter?
(a) Rich milk, mostly cream.
(b) Fresh milk.
(c) Skim milk.
(d) Butter milk.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year was Foxfire established?
2. What is the 'leaf lard?'
3. What does the Watt family leave their home to do as described by Mrs. Watts?
4. What is often mixed with hog brains when being cooked?
5. What does Bill Lamb say a out the first chimney he ever built?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)