|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Soapmaking".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two things are white oak splits traditionally used for?
(a) Furniture and laundry baskets.
(b) Making guitars and banjos.
(c) Bottoming chairs and animal pens.
(d) Bottoming chairs and baskets.
2. What was Eliot Wigginton's job at the time that he helped to start Foxfire?
(a) High School Teacher.
(c) Carnival Worker.
3. What kind of vehicle drives past Mrs. Watts and her family?
(a) T-Model Ford.
(b) An Army Vehicle.
(c) An Old Jalopy.
(d) A Large Pickup.
4. Which of the following is NOT a reason that someone might receive a blanket?
(a) They were moving away.
(b) Someone's house burned down.
(c) A baby was born.
(d) A couple were married.
5. When does Mrs. Lester Norton say that they changed the straw in her straw mattress?
(a) Whenever it got flat.
(b) Whenever a new one is needed.
(c) Thrashing time each year.
(d) Right before flu season hits.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what area do the people interviewed for Foxfire live?
2. What do the students ask about making homemade soap that makes Pearl Martin laugh?
3. What did Mrs. Watts' family use to make coffee?
4. What does Mrs. Harriet Echols say that she used to put in her soap to thicken up the soap?
5. Which of these methods was not a way to cure wood?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)