Eight Week Quiz B
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Chimney Building".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hickory was a very desirable wood but what was a drawback of this wood?
(a) It splintered out easily.
(b) It was hard to work.
(c) It would bow badly in humid weather.
(d) It attracked termites.
2. What was Eliot Wigginton's job at the time that he helped to start Foxfire?
(c) High School Teacher.
(d) Carnival Worker.
3. What was used for bread when cornmeal and wheat could not be ground?
4. What does Foxfire first start out as?
(a) Small Newspaper.
(c) Oral Report.
(d) Book Series.
5. What has caused the loss of the fine art of building a genuine log cabin?
(a) European influence.
(b) Lack of trees.
(c) Trend toward an easier life.
(d) Desire for unique looking houses.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Wigginton explain that the information in this book was originally given to the people that were interviewed?
2. What were early chimneys called?
3. How many copies of Foxfire are printed the very first time it is printed?
4. What might happen if there wasn't a proper footing on the chimney?
5. What ailment does Aunt Arie have according to the author?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)