Eight Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Wood".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the author, Paul Gillespie, say he is apprehensive about meeting Aunt Arie for the first time?
(a) He believed she would not welcome him.
(b) He knew she was crazy.
(c) He had heard she was very ill.
(d) He didn't know what to expect.
2. What was Eliot Wigginton's job at the time that he helped to start Foxfire?
(c) Carnival Worker.
(d) High School Teacher.
3. How long does it take the first printing of Foxfire to sell out?
(a) One Week.
(b) They never sell out.
(c) One Month.
(d) Six Months.
4. What does Aunt Arie say she would put in if she had plenty of money?
(a) A toilet.
(b) A new roof.
(c) A sink.
(d) A new hog pen.
5. What does Aunt Arie say she will do with the eyes?
(a) Use them to make jelly.
(b) Put them in a soup.
(c) Grind them up in the sausage.
(d) Throw them away.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wigginton suggest could be an answer to student failure?
2. Which of these methods was not a way to cure wood?
3. In what area do the people interviewed for Foxfire live?
4. What was the Black Gum NOT used for?
5. What was used for bread when cornmeal and wheat could not be ground?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)