|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Hunting Tales".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of meat does Aunt Arie say she doesn't want?
2. What was Daniel's job?
(a) To keep track of wild birds.
(b) Watch over the fish hatchery.
(c) To keep watch on timber fields.
(d) He was unemployed.
3. What do you cut out of the hog's head before making souse and is one of the only things on the hog's head not used in souse?
4. What had the Foxfire magazine's purpose started out being when they looked into writing about quilts?
(a) To learn about the history of quilting.
(b) To look at modern day applications for the ageless process.
(c) To teach individuals the basics for making a quilt.
(d) To find all patterns native to the area.
5. What does Aunt Arie say she is going to make?
(d) Souse Meat.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Mrs. Carrie Dillard Garrison say that that she used to make her soap?
2. What should you remove when making Tomato Catsup?
3. Which of the following was said to cure asthma?
4. What is a painter as it is referred to by the mountain people interviewed?
5. Where is Aunt Arie's husband at the time the story is written?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)