|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Hunting Tales".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the author, Paul Gillespie, say he is apprehensive about meeting Aunt Arie for the first time?
(a) He believed she would not welcome him.
(b) He knew she was crazy.
(c) He didn't know what to expect.
(d) He had heard she was very ill.
2. What did the Editor do so that the contents were not altered for the story?
(a) Published it just as Mrs. Watts wrote it.
(b) Had the English teacher go over it.
(c) Provided many pictures and details for the article.
(d) Had Mrs. Watts proof read it.
3. What were many of the tools made out of that the pioneers used?
(c) Blood, sweat, and tears.
4. What does Aunt Arie say she will do with the eyes?
(a) Put them in a soup.
(b) Use them to make jelly.
(c) Throw them away.
(d) Grind them up in the sausage.
5. What did the sign read when the students reached Lon Reid's property?
(a) Beware of Bees.
(b) No trespassing.
(c) No revenuers.
(d) Beware of Dogs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do you do with the meat after it is off the bone?
2. What ailment does Aunt Arie have according to the author?
3. What tool is needed for drilling holes?
4. What is crucial when making splits?
5. What mixture was put on a broken arm?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)