|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Hunting Tales".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Dan's father say to do if the limbs on the white oak droop?
(a) Avoid all trees within a twenty foot spread of that one.
(b) Let the tree stand.
(c) Cut off the limbs and let it be for a week.
(d) Take that tree.
2. What was made from the white oak splits that were made during the article 'White Oak Splits?'
(a) A large chair.
(b) A jug.
(c) A guitar.
(d) Two baskets.
3. Where did Lon learn to make chairs?
(a) His father.
(b) His grandmother.
(c) His grandfather.
(d) He learned on his own.
4. What does Pearl Martin say about the coloring of homemade soap?
(a) It is always a darker color.
(b) It never came out looking the same twice.
(c) It depends on the ingredients used.
(d) It is almost clear.
5. What does a hunter mean when he says 'I cut him down.'?
(a) That he opened fire.
(b) That he insulted the creature badly.
(c) That he cut the animal down after skinning it.
(d) That he cut down the tree.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is it typically unnecessary for farmers to hunt for food in the forest?
2. What do the hogs eat that generally produce the sweetest meat?
3. What is Andy Webb's turkey call made out of?
4. What is the first recipe given in Mountain Recipes?
5. What does Daniel live in?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)