|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Hunting Tales".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following was said to cure asthma?
(a) Sleep in the dog's bed.
(b) Avoid any food that was picked or killed in a month with an R.
(c) Tie maple leaves in your hair and leave them.
(d) Suck salty water up your nose.
2. What bit the preacher in Daniel's story?
3. What do the Friendship Quilts typically have stitched on them?
(a) The date the quilt was created.
(b) A name for the person whom the quilt would be given.
(c) The names of those quilting.
(d) A verse from the Bible.
4. What did a steady diet of acorns do to the meat of a hog?
(a) No one ever paid any attention.
(b) Made it bitter.
(c) Had no effect.
(d) Made it salty.
5. What mixture was put on a broken arm?
(a) Salt water and baccon grease.
(b) Red clay.
(c) Ashes and lye.
(d) Spider web and dirt.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Lon learn to make chairs?
2. What does Mrs. Watts say her dolls were made from?
3. What two things were said to have been brought to the forests our ancestors settled in the chapter titled "Tools and Skills?"
4. What was used for bread when cornmeal and wheat could not be ground?
5. What does Daniel live in?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)