|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Hunting Tales".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does a hunter mean when he says 'I cut him down.'?
(a) That he insulted the creature badly.
(b) That he cut the animal down after skinning it.
(c) That he cut down the tree.
(d) That he opened fire.
2. What does the soaking do to the meat?
(a) Prepares it for the next step.
(b) Removes the excess blood.
(c) Gives it a good flavor.
(d) Gives you time to get your nerve up to eat it.
3. What was the dog called that was trained to round up and bring in the livestock for butchering or for selling?
(a) Ketch dogs.
(c) Cattle dogs.
(d) Ham dogs.
4. What is Andy Webb's turkey call made out of?
(a) Piece of hollowed out wood.
(b) Cown horn.
(c) An old modified tin whistle.
(d) White Oak.
5. What is the last thing that Mrs. Watts describes in her essay?
(a) When her parents died.
(b) The first time she left her home to go to the city.
(c) When her brother's got married.
(d) The first car her family ever saw.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the syrup in Syrup Bread replace?
2. What is the bag of fertilizer described as smelling like?
3. What was used for bread when cornmeal and wheat could not be ground?
4. Which of the following is NOT a reason that someone might receive a blanket?
5. What kind of ashes does Pearl Martin say they typically used?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)