|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Hunting Tales".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of reading material does Daniel have with him?
(a) Music books.
(b) Hunting and trapping guides.
2. What kind of grease does Pearl Martin say she usually likes to use in her soap, although you can use most any kind?
(a) Mutton tallow.
(b) Hog grease.
(c) Whatever she has on hand.
(d) Chicken grease.
3. When does Daisy Justice say is the best time to pickle vegetables?
(a) When you first hear the whipporwill.
(b) In the spring.
(c) When the moon is full.
(d) When the moon is new.
4. What is Lon Reid said to still have?
(a) His mother and father's sorghum mill.
(b) An old stihl.
(c) Active bee gum hives.
(d) An ox and cart.
5. Which of these is NOT used as an acceptable wood for making the chairs?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first recipe given in Mountain Recipes?
2. What was Daniel's job?
3. What was made from the white oak splits that were made during the article 'White Oak Splits?'
4. What were the October Beans used as a substitute for?
5. What do you do with the meat after it is off the bone?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)