|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Hunting Tales".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Aunt Arie's stories said to be "spiced" with?
(a) Quaint Euphemisms.
(c) Local gossip.
2. What mixture was put on a broken arm?
(a) Red clay.
(b) Spider web and dirt.
(c) Salt water and baccon grease.
(d) Ashes and lye.
3. What was said would happen to a young girl that slept under a new quilt?
(a) She would soon find a large sum of money.
(b) She would marry within a year.
(c) She would dream of the one she would marry.
(d) She would be in good health for the next six months.
4. Which of these is NOT used as an acceptable wood for making the chairs?
5. What do you do with the meat after it is off the bone?
(a) Lay it out to dry.
(b) Salt it.
(c) Put it in a dutch oven.
(d) Run it through a food chopper.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the author, Paul Gillespie, say he is apprehensive about meeting Aunt Arie for the first time?
2. What does Mrs. Watts say was their reaction to the gifts that Santa Clause had left them?
3. What is Andy Webb's turkey call made out of?
4. What kind of reading material does Daniel have with him?
5. What tool is needed for drilling holes?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)