|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Hunting Tales".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Aunt Arie tells the students not to do anything that they wouldn't want WHO to know?
(a) Mommy and Poppy.
(c) Yarn Pastor.
2. What is the 'leaf lard?'
(a) The fat on the belly.
(b) The fat on the backbone.
(c) The fat that held the intestines.
(d) The fat around the neck.
3. What was "This is the Way I was Raised Up" written on?
(a) Small piece of paper.
(b) Back of the People Magazine.
(c) Cardboard Box.
4. What is a painter as it is referred to by the mountain people interviewed?
(a) A creature of legend.
(b) A panther.
(c) A person who paints houses.
(d) A large mountain lion.
5. What do you do with the meat after it is off the bone?
(a) Put it in a dutch oven.
(b) Lay it out to dry.
(c) Salt it.
(d) Run it through a food chopper.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do you cut out of the hog's head before making souse and is one of the only things on the hog's head not used in souse?
2. What does Mrs. Watts say she and her brothers received one Christmas from Santa Clause?
3. What instrument does Daniel play?
4. What two things were said to have been brought to the forests our ancestors settled in the chapter titled "Tools and Skills?"
5. What kind of reading material does Daniel have with him?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)