|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Hunting Tales".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Aunt Arie explain that she doesn't want to cut the eye if she can help it?
(a) It is sticky.
(b) Black stuff will run out onto everything.
(c) It's bad luck.
(d) It will give the souse meat a rancid flavor.
2. What was made from the white oak splits that were made during the article 'White Oak Splits?'
(a) A guitar.
(b) Two baskets.
(c) A large chair.
(d) A jug.
3. What do the hogs eat that generally produce the sweetest meat?
4. When was hog killing generally done?
(a) Whenever the hog got fat.
(b) Whenever the farmer got hungry.
(d) Late November.
5. What are Aunt Arie's stories said to be "spiced" with?
(b) Quaint Euphemisms.
(c) Local gossip.
Short Answer Questions
1. What should you remove when making Tomato Catsup?
2. What was a dog called whose job it was to keep the hogs and cows out of the corn?
3. What do you do with the meat after it is off the bone?
4. What does the term 'Dressing' refer to?
5. What does Aunt Arie say she would put in if she had plenty of money?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)