|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Hunting Tales".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the students ask about making homemade soap that makes Pearl Martin laugh?
(a) They ask if it is better than dial soap.
(b) They ask what colors she can make.
(c) They ask about putting perfume in it.
(d) They ask where she got her recipe.
2. What do the students say is one reason why they have asked Beulah to help them make a basket?
(a) Because she makes good cakes.
(b) She has offered.
(c) Because they enjoy her company.
(d) So they can learn from her.
3. What is a painter as it is referred to by the mountain people interviewed?
(a) A panther.
(b) A creature of legend.
(c) A person who paints houses.
(d) A large mountain lion.
4. Which of the following is NOT a reason that someone might receive a blanket?
(a) Someone's house burned down.
(b) A couple were married.
(c) A baby was born.
(d) They were moving away.
5. What does it suggest in the instructions that the foundation of the log cabin should be made out of?
(a) Large boulders placed at the four corners of the house and each 10 foot between.
(b) Solid rock spanning the length and width of the house.
(c) An elevated dirt floor.
(d) Cured white oat logs that have been scorched to prevent termite damage.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Daisy Justice say is the best time to pickle vegetables?
2. What should you remove when making Tomato Catsup?
3. What had the Foxfire magazine's purpose started out being when they looked into writing about quilts?
4. What did the Editor do so that the contents were not altered for the story?
5. What is NOT needed for hewing?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)