|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Hunting Tales".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is crucial when making splits?
(a) Making the splits long enough.
(b) Picking the correct timber.
(c) Making clean cuts.
(d) Making each split even.
2. What does Mrs. Claude Darnell suggest might be the reason that there has been a revival in an interest in quilting?
(a) Because they have fond memories of their grandparents quilting.
(b) Because it is a part of their heritage.
(c) It is a novelty.
(d) Because people want to get back to the good old days.
3. What were the October Beans used as a substitute for?
(b) Soup beans.
(d) Black eyed peas.
4. Which of the following is NOT a name for Souse?
(a) Hog eye.
(b) Pressed hog's head.
(d) Souse meat.
5. Why does Aunt Arie say she never left her home?
(a) She felt as if someone was coming.
(b) She couldn't stand to leave her home.
(c) This is where her stuff was.
(d) She was too scared.
Short Answer Questions
1. What two things are white oak splits traditionally used for?
2. How is Daniel Manous described in the first line of the chapter titled 'Daniel Manous?'
3. What does Pearl Martin say about the coloring of homemade soap?
4. What is Lon Reid said to still have?
5. Why does Beulah say that she has had a possum head cooked for her in her past?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)