|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Hunting Tales".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of vehicle drives past Mrs. Watts and her family?
(a) An Army Vehicle.
(b) An Old Jalopy.
(c) A Large Pickup.
(d) T-Model Ford.
2. Who tells the story of 'The Buzzard and the Dog?'
(a) Mrs. Norton.
(b) Bill Lamb.
(c) Pearl Martin.
(d) Tom Cruise.
3. Why is it typically unnecessary for farmers to hunt for food in the forest?
(a) They keep track of where the forst animals are and take them when asleep.
(b) They can easily set out traps.
(c) They keep enough of their own livestock.
(d) It's a mystery.
4. Which of these is NOT a reason that some of the mountain people enjoy hunting?
(a) The boom of the gun.
(b) Money from the fur.
(c) Change of meat.
(d) Thrill of the hunt.
5. When does Mrs. Carrie Dillard Garrison say that that she used to make her soap?
(a) In the spring time.
(b) Whenever she got dirty enough.
(c) When she had enough lard.
(d) Whenever they had enough ashes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the students say that quilting patterns are like?
2. Which of following is NOT a remedy for arthritis.
3. What kind of dog was preferred for hunting rabbit?
4. What does the syrup in Syrup Bread replace?
5. Why does Aunt Arie explain that she doesn't want to cut the eye if she can help it?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)