|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Hunting Tales".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Aunt Arie say she never left her home?
(a) She was too scared.
(b) This is where her stuff was.
(c) She felt as if someone was coming.
(d) She couldn't stand to leave her home.
2. What was used for bread when cornmeal and wheat could not be ground?
3. What does Mrs. Watts say was their reaction to the gifts that Santa Clause had left them?
(a) They were pleased.
(b) The objects were hid away and saved as if gold.
(c) They had wanted more but didn't say anything.
(d) They were too sick to enjoy them.
4. What does the soaking do to the meat?
(a) Prepares it for the next step.
(b) Gives it a good flavor.
(c) Gives you time to get your nerve up to eat it.
(d) Removes the excess blood.
5. What ailment does Aunt Arie have according to the author?
(a) Paralyzed due to stroke.
(b) Blind due to cataracts.
(c) Crazy due to living in the woods alone.
(d) Deaf due to fever.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Scrapple taste like according to Mrs. Mann Norton?
2. What bit the preacher in Daniel's story?
3. What was said would happen to a young girl that slept under a new quilt?
4. What did the sign read when the students reached Lon Reid's property?
5. What do you do with the meat after it is off the bone?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)