|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Hunting Tales".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the author, Paul Gillespie, say he is apprehensive about meeting Aunt Arie for the first time?
(a) He believed she would not welcome him.
(b) He knew she was crazy.
(c) He had heard she was very ill.
(d) He didn't know what to expect.
2. How long do the students say it took them to gather information about building the log cabin?
(a) Six months.
(b) An entire summer.
(c) A full year.
(d) Two weeks.
3. What were many of the tools made out of that the pioneers used?
(d) Blood, sweat, and tears.
4. What does Bill Lamb tell Buck Carver he is scared of?
(b) The dark.
5. What did a steady diet of acorns do to the meat of a hog?
(a) Had no effect.
(b) Made it salty.
(c) No one ever paid any attention.
(d) Made it bitter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had the Foxfire magazine's purpose started out being when they looked into writing about quilts?
2. What is crucial when making splits?
3. What kind of vehicle drives past Mrs. Watts and her family?
4. What kind of reading material does Daniel have with him?
5. What is said to have been the prime source of meat for the early family in the mountains?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)