|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Hunting Tales".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the 'leaf lard?'
(a) The fat on the belly.
(b) The fat on the backbone.
(c) The fat around the neck.
(d) The fat that held the intestines.
2. What is the last thing that Mrs. Watts describes in her essay?
(a) The first time she left her home to go to the city.
(b) The first car her family ever saw.
(c) When her brother's got married.
(d) When her parents died.
3. What does Bill Lamb tell Buck Carver he is scared of?
(d) The dark.
4. What does Mrs. Watts say she and her brothers received one Christmas from Santa Clause?
(a) Pig tails and a lump of coal.
(b) An apple and a bag of marbles.
(c) A candy bar and some new socks.
(d) Three pieces of candy and an orange.
5. What does the soaking do to the meat?
(a) Prepares it for the next step.
(b) Removes the excess blood.
(c) Gives you time to get your nerve up to eat it.
(d) Gives it a good flavor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was "This is the Way I was Raised Up" written on?
2. What does Mrs. Watts say her brothers used pine to build?
3. What is NOT needed for hewing?
4. Why does Aunt Arie explain that she doesn't want to cut the eye if she can help it?
5. What was used for bread when cornmeal and wheat could not be ground?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)