|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "White Oak Splits," "Making a Hamper out of White Oak Splits" and "Making a Basket out of White Oak Splits".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What tool is needed for drilling holes?
(d) Drawing knife.
2. What was "This is the Way I was Raised Up" written on?
(a) Small piece of paper.
(b) Back of the People Magazine.
(d) Cardboard Box.
3. How far does Mrs. Watts say they had to travel to see the car?
(a) She was too little to recal how far.
(b) Over the Mountain a far piece.
(c) Five Miles.
(d) One Mile.
4. What are the Sleepers?
(a) Floor beams of the cabin.
(c) Tools that are used to create notches.
5. How do the authors say they have written down the information on building a log cabin?
(a) As a blue print.
(b) As a easily understood story.
(c) As a set of instructions.
(d) With detailed explanations.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Mrs. Watts' family use to make coffee?
2. What is crucial when making splits?
3. What does Mrs. Watts say she and her brothers received one Christmas from Santa Clause?
4. What do the students say is one reason why they have asked Beulah to help them make a basket?
5. What are Aunt Arie's stories said to be "spiced" with?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)