|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Mountain Recipes" and "Preserving Vegetables".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the students ask about making homemade soap that makes Pearl Martin laugh?
(a) They ask where she got her recipe.
(b) They ask if it is better than dial soap.
(c) They ask about putting perfume in it.
(d) They ask what colors she can make.
2. Why is the wood for chairs usually gathered in the winter or fall?
(a) Because this is the time of year when the trees begin to slow their growing.
(b) This is when the barks show the best woods.
(c) Because sap levels are lowest then.
(d) It is the time best for allowing the trees to set out and cure.
3. What is the first recipe given in Mountain Recipes?
(a) Brunswick Stew.
(b) Aunt Arie's Cornbread.
(c) Potato Bread.
(d) Apple Dumplings.
4. What kind of ashes does Pearl Martin say they typically used?
(c) White Oak.
5. What are Aunt Arie's stories said to be "spiced" with?
(c) Local gossip.
(d) Quaint Euphemisms.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the Sleepers?
2. What does Aunt Arie say she will do with the eyes?
3. At the end of the interview what does the student say men like Lon live oblivious to?
4. Which of these is NOT used as an acceptable wood for making the chairs?
5. When does Daisy Justice say is the best time to pickle vegetables?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)