|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Mountain Recipes" and "Preserving Vegetables".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Aunt Arie explain that she doesn't want to cut the eye if she can help it?
(a) Black stuff will run out onto everything.
(b) It will give the souse meat a rancid flavor.
(c) It's bad luck.
(d) It is sticky.
2. What are the Sleepers?
(b) Tools that are used to create notches.
(d) Floor beams of the cabin.
3. What kind of meat does Aunt Arie say she doesn't want?
4. What are Aunt Arie's stories said to be "spiced" with?
(a) Quaint Euphemisms.
(b) Local gossip.
5. What kind of grease does Pearl Martin say she usually likes to use in her soap, although you can use most any kind?
(a) Hog grease.
(b) Mutton tallow.
(c) Chicken grease.
(d) Whatever she has on hand.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Daisy Justice say is the best time to pickle vegetables?
2. What do the students ask about making homemade soap that makes Pearl Martin laugh?
3. Where is Aunt Arie's husband at the time the story is written?
4. What does Mrs. Harriet Echols say that she used to put in her soap to thicken up the soap?
5. What does Pearl Martin say about the coloring of homemade soap?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)