|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Mountain Recipes" and "Preserving Vegetables".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has caused the loss of the fine art of building a genuine log cabin?
(a) Trend toward an easier life.
(b) Lack of trees.
(c) Desire for unique looking houses.
(d) European influence.
2. What does Aunt Arie say she is going to make?
(d) Souse Meat.
3. Where did Lon learn to make chairs?
(a) His grandmother.
(b) His father.
(c) He learned on his own.
(d) His grandfather.
4. Why is it suggested that the foundation be at least 18" high?
(a) Termites won't go any higher than 18"
(b) To be well above the water satuation point.
(c) No one is sure.
(d) To prevent small animals from entering the house.
5. Why does Aunt Arie say she never left her home?
(a) This is where her stuff was.
(b) She was too scared.
(c) She felt as if someone was coming.
(d) She couldn't stand to leave her home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Aunt Arie tells the students not to do anything that they wouldn't want WHO to know?
2. What does Aunt Arie say she would put in if she had plenty of money?
3. What are the Sleepers?
4. What are Aunt Arie's stories said to be "spiced" with?
5. Why does the author, Paul Gillespie, say he is apprehensive about meeting Aunt Arie for the first time?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)