|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Mountain Recipes" and "Preserving Vegetables".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the sign read when the students reached Lon Reid's property?
(a) No trespassing.
(b) Beware of Bees.
(c) No revenuers.
(d) Beware of Dogs.
2. How do the authors say they have written down the information on building a log cabin?
(a) As a set of instructions.
(b) As a blue print.
(c) With detailed explanations.
(d) As a easily understood story.
3. Which of these is NOT used as an acceptable wood for making the chairs?
4. What is the first recipe given in Mountain Recipes?
(a) Potato Bread.
(b) Aunt Arie's Cornbread.
(c) Brunswick Stew.
(d) Apple Dumplings.
5. What ailment does Aunt Arie have according to the author?
(a) Blind due to cataracts.
(b) Crazy due to living in the woods alone.
(c) Paralyzed due to stroke.
(d) Deaf due to fever.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the wood for chairs usually gathered in the winter or fall?
2. What were the October Beans used as a substitute for?
3. Why does Aunt Arie explain that she doesn't want to cut the eye if she can help it?
4. What does Pearl Martin say about the coloring of homemade soap?
5. What does Mrs. Harriet Echols say that she used to put in her soap to thicken up the soap?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)