|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Mountain Recipes" and "Preserving Vegetables".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has caused the loss of the fine art of building a genuine log cabin?
(a) Lack of trees.
(b) Desire for unique looking houses.
(c) Trend toward an easier life.
(d) European influence.
2. What does Aunt Arie say she is going to make?
(a) Souse Meat.
3. What does Mrs. Algie Norton say makes the best Hominy?
(a) Big grain white corn.
(b) Big grain yellow corn.
(c) Small grain white corn.
(d) No such thing as good hominy.
4. What kind of ashes does Pearl Martin say they typically used?
(a) White Oak.
5. What is Lon Reid said to still have?
(a) His mother and father's sorghum mill.
(b) An ox and cart.
(c) An old stihl.
(d) Active bee gum hives.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Lon learn to make chairs?
2. Where is Aunt Arie's husband at the time the story is written?
3. When does Mrs. Carrie Dillard Garrison say that that she used to make her soap?
4. What does Pearl Martin say about the coloring of homemade soap?
5. What does Aunt Arie say she will do with the eyes?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)