|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Mountain Recipes" and "Preserving Vegetables".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the sign read when the students reached Lon Reid's property?
(a) Beware of Dogs.
(b) No trespassing.
(c) No revenuers.
(d) Beware of Bees.
2. What has caused the loss of the fine art of building a genuine log cabin?
(a) Lack of trees.
(b) Desire for unique looking houses.
(c) European influence.
(d) Trend toward an easier life.
3. Why does Aunt Arie say she never left her home?
(a) She was too scared.
(b) She felt as if someone was coming.
(c) This is where her stuff was.
(d) She couldn't stand to leave her home.
4. What are Aunt Arie's stories said to be "spiced" with?
(a) Local gossip.
(d) Quaint Euphemisms.
5. What is Lon Reid said to still have?
(a) Active bee gum hives.
(b) An old stihl.
(c) His mother and father's sorghum mill.
(d) An ox and cart.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the Sleepers?
2. When does Mrs. Carrie Dillard Garrison say that that she used to make her soap?
3. What does Aunt Arie say she is going to make?
4. What kind of meat does Aunt Arie say she doesn't want?
5. What does Aunt Arie say she would put in if she had plenty of money?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)