|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Mountain Recipes" and "Preserving Vegetables".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the authors say they have written down the information on building a log cabin?
(a) With detailed explanations.
(b) As a blue print.
(c) As a set of instructions.
(d) As a easily understood story.
2. What kind of grease does Pearl Martin say she usually likes to use in her soap, although you can use most any kind?
(a) Chicken grease.
(b) Whatever she has on hand.
(c) Mutton tallow.
(d) Hog grease.
3. What does Aunt Arie say she is going to make?
(d) Souse Meat.
4. What has caused the loss of the fine art of building a genuine log cabin?
(a) Lack of trees.
(b) Trend toward an easier life.
(c) European influence.
(d) Desire for unique looking houses.
5. What should you remove when making Tomato Catsup?
(a) Seeds and any dirt.
(b) Skin and seeds.
(c) Any bad spots and the skins.
(d) Anything that doesn't look like catsup.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lon Reid said to still have?
2. What does the syrup in Syrup Bread replace?
3. What were the October Beans used as a substitute for?
4. What do the students ask about making homemade soap that makes Pearl Martin laugh?
5. Which of these is NOT used as an acceptable wood for making the chairs?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)