|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Mountain Recipes" and "Preserving Vegetables".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does it suggest in the instructions that the foundation of the log cabin should be made out of?
(a) An elevated dirt floor.
(b) Cured white oat logs that have been scorched to prevent termite damage.
(c) Solid rock spanning the length and width of the house.
(d) Large boulders placed at the four corners of the house and each 10 foot between.
2. What do the students ask about making homemade soap that makes Pearl Martin laugh?
(a) They ask what colors she can make.
(b) They ask if it is better than dial soap.
(c) They ask about putting perfume in it.
(d) They ask where she got her recipe.
3. Which of these is NOT used as an acceptable wood for making the chairs?
4. What does the syrup in Syrup Bread replace?
5. How long do the students say it took them to gather information about building the log cabin?
(a) Six months.
(b) A full year.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) An entire summer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the wood for chairs usually gathered in the winter or fall?
2. When does Mrs. Carrie Dillard Garrison say that that she used to make her soap?
3. Where is Aunt Arie's husband at the time the story is written?
4. What has caused the loss of the fine art of building a genuine log cabin?
5. What is the first recipe given in Mountain Recipes?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)