|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Mountain Recipes" and "Preserving Vegetables".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Mrs. Carrie Dillard Garrison say that that she used to make her soap?
(a) When she had enough lard.
(b) In the spring time.
(c) Whenever they had enough ashes.
(d) Whenever she got dirty enough.
2. What are Aunt Arie's stories said to be "spiced" with?
(c) Local gossip.
(d) Quaint Euphemisms.
3. Why is it suggested that the foundation be at least 18" high?
(a) Termites won't go any higher than 18"
(b) To be well above the water satuation point.
(c) No one is sure.
(d) To prevent small animals from entering the house.
4. Why is the wood for chairs usually gathered in the winter or fall?
(a) It is the time best for allowing the trees to set out and cure.
(b) Because sap levels are lowest then.
(c) Because this is the time of year when the trees begin to slow their growing.
(d) This is when the barks show the best woods.
5. At the end of the interview what does the student say men like Lon live oblivious to?
(a) That men are on the moon.
(b) That there is anything unique about Lon's life.
(c) That the world has changed so much in the past 100 years.
(d) That there are skyscrapers covering the world.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has caused the loss of the fine art of building a genuine log cabin?
2. Where is Aunt Arie's husband at the time the story is written?
3. Why does Aunt Arie say she never left her home?
4. What kind of grease does Pearl Martin say she usually likes to use in her soap, although you can use most any kind?
5. What does it suggest in the instructions that the foundation of the log cabin should be made out of?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)