|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Mountain Recipes" and "Preserving Vegetables".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the authors say they have written down the information on building a log cabin?
(a) As a set of instructions.
(b) As a blue print.
(c) As a easily understood story.
(d) With detailed explanations.
2. What does it suggest in the instructions that the foundation of the log cabin should be made out of?
(a) Solid rock spanning the length and width of the house.
(b) Large boulders placed at the four corners of the house and each 10 foot between.
(c) Cured white oat logs that have been scorched to prevent termite damage.
(d) An elevated dirt floor.
3. What does Aunt Arie say she will do with the eyes?
(a) Grind them up in the sausage.
(b) Use them to make jelly.
(c) Throw them away.
(d) Put them in a soup.
4. What does Aunt Arie say she would put in if she had plenty of money?
(a) A new roof.
(b) A new hog pen.
(c) A sink.
(d) A toilet.
5. Which of these is NOT used as an acceptable wood for making the chairs?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Aunt Arie say she never left her home?
2. Why does the author, Paul Gillespie, say he is apprehensive about meeting Aunt Arie for the first time?
3. Why does Aunt Arie explain that she doesn't want to cut the eye if she can help it?
4. What does Pearl Martin say about the coloring of homemade soap?
5. What has caused the loss of the fine art of building a genuine log cabin?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)