|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Mountain Recipes" and "Preserving Vegetables".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the wood for chairs usually gathered in the winter or fall?
(a) Because sap levels are lowest then.
(b) This is when the barks show the best woods.
(c) It is the time best for allowing the trees to set out and cure.
(d) Because this is the time of year when the trees begin to slow their growing.
2. What does Aunt Arie say she would put in if she had plenty of money?
(a) A new hog pen.
(b) A toilet.
(c) A sink.
(d) A new roof.
3. What does Mrs. Algie Norton say makes the best Hominy?
(a) Small grain white corn.
(b) Big grain white corn.
(c) Big grain yellow corn.
(d) No such thing as good hominy.
4. When does Daisy Justice say is the best time to pickle vegetables?
(a) In the spring.
(b) When the moon is full.
(c) When you first hear the whipporwill.
(d) When the moon is new.
5. Why is it suggested that the foundation be at least 18" high?
(a) To be well above the water satuation point.
(b) No one is sure.
(c) To prevent small animals from entering the house.
(d) Termites won't go any higher than 18"
Short Answer Questions
1. How long do the students say it took them to gather information about building the log cabin?
2. Why does Aunt Arie explain that she doesn't want to cut the eye if she can help it?
3. Which of these is NOT used as an acceptable wood for making the chairs?
4. Aunt Arie tells the students not to do anything that they wouldn't want WHO to know?
5. What does Aunt Arie say she is going to make?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)