|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Mountain Recipes" and "Preserving Vegetables".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does it suggest in the instructions that the foundation of the log cabin should be made out of?
(a) Cured white oat logs that have been scorched to prevent termite damage.
(b) An elevated dirt floor.
(c) Solid rock spanning the length and width of the house.
(d) Large boulders placed at the four corners of the house and each 10 foot between.
2. Where is Aunt Arie's husband at the time the story is written?
(a) Off working.
(b) Sick in bed.
(d) No one is sure.
3. What kind of meat does Aunt Arie say she doesn't want?
4. What does Mrs. Algie Norton say makes the best Hominy?
(a) Small grain white corn.
(b) No such thing as good hominy.
(c) Big grain white corn.
(d) Big grain yellow corn.
5. At the end of the interview what does the student say men like Lon live oblivious to?
(a) That the world has changed so much in the past 100 years.
(b) That there are skyscrapers covering the world.
(c) That there is anything unique about Lon's life.
(d) That men are on the moon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Aunt Arie's stories said to be "spiced" with?
2. Why does Aunt Arie say she never left her home?
3. What is the first recipe given in Mountain Recipes?
4. When does Daisy Justice say is the best time to pickle vegetables?
5. What does Pearl Martin say about the coloring of homemade soap?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)