|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Mountain Recipes" and "Preserving Vegetables".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Algie Norton say makes the best Hominy?
(a) Big grain yellow corn.
(b) Small grain white corn.
(c) No such thing as good hominy.
(d) Big grain white corn.
2. What does Aunt Arie say she is going to make?
(a) Souse Meat.
3. What kind of meat does Aunt Arie say she doesn't want?
4. At the end of the interview what does the student say men like Lon live oblivious to?
(a) That the world has changed so much in the past 100 years.
(b) That men are on the moon.
(c) That there is anything unique about Lon's life.
(d) That there are skyscrapers covering the world.
5. What kind of ashes does Pearl Martin say they typically used?
(a) White Oak.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first recipe given in Mountain Recipes?
2. What does Aunt Arie say she will do with the eyes?
3. What do the students ask about making homemade soap that makes Pearl Martin laugh?
4. What does Aunt Arie ask the students to do when they walk into her house for the first time?
5. What are Aunt Arie's stories said to be "spiced" with?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)