|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Mountain Recipes" and "Preserving Vegetables".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lon Reid said to still have?
(a) An old stihl.
(b) His mother and father's sorghum mill.
(c) Active bee gum hives.
(d) An ox and cart.
2. Why does Aunt Arie explain that she doesn't want to cut the eye if she can help it?
(a) It is sticky.
(b) It will give the souse meat a rancid flavor.
(c) It's bad luck.
(d) Black stuff will run out onto everything.
3. What has caused the loss of the fine art of building a genuine log cabin?
(a) Desire for unique looking houses.
(b) Lack of trees.
(c) Trend toward an easier life.
(d) European influence.
4. Where is Aunt Arie's husband at the time the story is written?
(a) Sick in bed.
(b) No one is sure.
(c) Off working.
5. What does Aunt Arie say she will do with the eyes?
(a) Throw them away.
(b) Use them to make jelly.
(c) Put them in a soup.
(d) Grind them up in the sausage.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of these is NOT used as an acceptable wood for making the chairs?
2. Where did Lon learn to make chairs?
3. What does it suggest in the instructions that the foundation of the log cabin should be made out of?
4. What does Mrs. Harriet Echols say that she used to put in her soap to thicken up the soap?
5. What does Aunt Arie say she is going to make?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)