|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Mountain Recipes" and "Preserving Vegetables".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What should you remove when making Tomato Catsup?
(a) Skin and seeds.
(b) Seeds and any dirt.
(c) Anything that doesn't look like catsup.
(d) Any bad spots and the skins.
2. Aunt Arie tells the students not to do anything that they wouldn't want WHO to know?
(b) Yarn Pastor.
(d) Mommy and Poppy.
3. Why is it suggested that the foundation be at least 18" high?
(a) Termites won't go any higher than 18"
(b) No one is sure.
(c) To prevent small animals from entering the house.
(d) To be well above the water satuation point.
4. What kind of ashes does Pearl Martin say they typically used?
(c) White Oak.
5. What does Aunt Arie say she would put in if she had plenty of money?
(a) A new hog pen.
(b) A sink.
(c) A toilet.
(d) A new roof.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were the October Beans used as a substitute for?
2. What kind of meat does Aunt Arie say she doesn't want?
3. What has caused the loss of the fine art of building a genuine log cabin?
4. What does Mrs. Algie Norton say makes the best Hominy?
5. How do the authors say they have written down the information on building a log cabin?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)