|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Mountain Recipes" and "Preserving Vegetables".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were the October Beans used as a substitute for?
(b) Soup beans.
(d) Black eyed peas.
2. Why is the wood for chairs usually gathered in the winter or fall?
(a) Because this is the time of year when the trees begin to slow their growing.
(b) It is the time best for allowing the trees to set out and cure.
(c) Because sap levels are lowest then.
(d) This is when the barks show the best woods.
3. What kind of grease does Pearl Martin say she usually likes to use in her soap, although you can use most any kind?
(a) Chicken grease.
(b) Mutton tallow.
(c) Whatever she has on hand.
(d) Hog grease.
4. What does Mrs. Harriet Echols say that she used to put in her soap to thicken up the soap?
(b) Soft corn shucks.
(c) Pieces of rope.
5. What should you remove when making Tomato Catsup?
(a) Any bad spots and the skins.
(b) Anything that doesn't look like catsup.
(c) Skin and seeds.
(d) Seeds and any dirt.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is it suggested that the foundation be at least 18" high?
2. What are the Sleepers?
3. What ailment does Aunt Arie have according to the author?
4. How long do the students say it took them to gather information about building the log cabin?
5. Aunt Arie tells the students not to do anything that they wouldn't want WHO to know?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)