|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Mountain Recipes" and "Preserving Vegetables".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of the interview what does the student say men like Lon live oblivious to?
(a) That the world has changed so much in the past 100 years.
(b) That men are on the moon.
(c) That there are skyscrapers covering the world.
(d) That there is anything unique about Lon's life.
2. What is Lon Reid said to still have?
(a) An old stihl.
(b) His mother and father's sorghum mill.
(c) Active bee gum hives.
(d) An ox and cart.
3. What does Aunt Arie say she would put in if she had plenty of money?
(a) A new hog pen.
(b) A sink.
(c) A new roof.
(d) A toilet.
4. What is the first recipe given in Mountain Recipes?
(a) Potato Bread.
(b) Aunt Arie's Cornbread.
(c) Apple Dumplings.
(d) Brunswick Stew.
5. What does Pearl Martin say about the coloring of homemade soap?
(a) It never came out looking the same twice.
(b) It depends on the ingredients used.
(c) It is always a darker color.
(d) It is almost clear.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does it suggest in the instructions that the foundation of the log cabin should be made out of?
2. What does Mrs. Algie Norton say makes the best Hominy?
3. Why is it suggested that the foundation be at least 18" high?
4. What ailment does Aunt Arie have according to the author?
5. What did the sign read when the students reached Lon Reid's property?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)