|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Mountain Recipes" and "Preserving Vegetables".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the Sleepers?
(c) Tools that are used to create notches.
(d) Floor beams of the cabin.
2. How do the authors say they have written down the information on building a log cabin?
(a) As a set of instructions.
(b) As a easily understood story.
(c) As a blue print.
(d) With detailed explanations.
3. What does Aunt Arie ask the students to do when they walk into her house for the first time?
(a) Gut a chicken.
(b) Build a fire.
(c) Kill a snake.
(d) Remove the eyes from a hog's head.
4. What does Mrs. Harriet Echols say that she used to put in her soap to thicken up the soap?
(a) Pieces of rope.
(d) Soft corn shucks.
5. What are Aunt Arie's stories said to be "spiced" with?
(b) Quaint Euphemisms.
(d) Local gossip.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has caused the loss of the fine art of building a genuine log cabin?
2. What were the October Beans used as a substitute for?
3. What does Pearl Martin say about the coloring of homemade soap?
4. Where is Aunt Arie's husband at the time the story is written?
5. Why does the author, Paul Gillespie, say he is apprehensive about meeting Aunt Arie for the first time?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)