|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Mountain Recipes" and "Preserving Vegetables".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Aunt Arie's stories said to be "spiced" with?
(a) Local gossip.
(d) Quaint Euphemisms.
2. Why does the author, Paul Gillespie, say he is apprehensive about meeting Aunt Arie for the first time?
(a) He believed she would not welcome him.
(b) He didn't know what to expect.
(c) He knew she was crazy.
(d) He had heard she was very ill.
3. When does Mrs. Carrie Dillard Garrison say that that she used to make her soap?
(a) Whenever they had enough ashes.
(b) When she had enough lard.
(c) Whenever she got dirty enough.
(d) In the spring time.
4. What does Aunt Arie say she will do with the eyes?
(a) Put them in a soup.
(b) Grind them up in the sausage.
(c) Throw them away.
(d) Use them to make jelly.
5. What has caused the loss of the fine art of building a genuine log cabin?
(a) European influence.
(b) Desire for unique looking houses.
(c) Trend toward an easier life.
(d) Lack of trees.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the authors say they have written down the information on building a log cabin?
2. What were the October Beans used as a substitute for?
3. What does Mrs. Harriet Echols say that she used to put in her soap to thicken up the soap?
4. What kind of grease does Pearl Martin say she usually likes to use in her soap, although you can use most any kind?
5. Why does Aunt Arie explain that she doesn't want to cut the eye if she can help it?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)