|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Mountain Recipes" and "Preserving Vegetables".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Algie Norton say makes the best Hominy?
(a) No such thing as good hominy.
(b) Big grain yellow corn.
(c) Big grain white corn.
(d) Small grain white corn.
2. When does Mrs. Carrie Dillard Garrison say that that she used to make her soap?
(a) Whenever they had enough ashes.
(b) Whenever she got dirty enough.
(c) When she had enough lard.
(d) In the spring time.
3. Where did Lon learn to make chairs?
(a) His father.
(b) His grandfather.
(c) He learned on his own.
(d) His grandmother.
4. At the end of the interview what does the student say men like Lon live oblivious to?
(a) That men are on the moon.
(b) That there are skyscrapers covering the world.
(c) That there is anything unique about Lon's life.
(d) That the world has changed so much in the past 100 years.
5. Aunt Arie tells the students not to do anything that they wouldn't want WHO to know?
(a) Yarn Pastor.
(c) Mommy and Poppy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aunt Arie say she would put in if she had plenty of money?
2. Why does Aunt Arie say she never left her home?
3. When does Daisy Justice say is the best time to pickle vegetables?
4. What are the Sleepers?
5. What ailment does Aunt Arie have according to the author?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)