|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Mountain Recipes" and "Preserving Vegetables".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of ashes does Pearl Martin say they typically used?
(a) White Oak.
2. How long do the students say it took them to gather information about building the log cabin?
(a) Six months.
(b) A full year.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) An entire summer.
3. What were the October Beans used as a substitute for?
(c) Soup beans.
(d) Black eyed peas.
4. Why does the author, Paul Gillespie, say he is apprehensive about meeting Aunt Arie for the first time?
(a) He didn't know what to expect.
(b) He believed she would not welcome him.
(c) He had heard she was very ill.
(d) He knew she was crazy.
5. What does it suggest in the instructions that the foundation of the log cabin should be made out of?
(a) An elevated dirt floor.
(b) Large boulders placed at the four corners of the house and each 10 foot between.
(c) Cured white oat logs that have been scorched to prevent termite damage.
(d) Solid rock spanning the length and width of the house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Aunt Arie's husband at the time the story is written?
2. What does Aunt Arie say she will do with the eyes?
3. What is the first recipe given in Mountain Recipes?
4. Which of these is NOT used as an acceptable wood for making the chairs?
5. Why does Aunt Arie say she never left her home?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)