|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Mountain Recipes" and "Preserving Vegetables".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What should you remove when making Tomato Catsup?
(a) Skin and seeds.
(b) Seeds and any dirt.
(c) Anything that doesn't look like catsup.
(d) Any bad spots and the skins.
2. What does it suggest in the instructions that the foundation of the log cabin should be made out of?
(a) Cured white oat logs that have been scorched to prevent termite damage.
(b) An elevated dirt floor.
(c) Solid rock spanning the length and width of the house.
(d) Large boulders placed at the four corners of the house and each 10 foot between.
3. Which of these is NOT used as an acceptable wood for making the chairs?
4. What kind of ashes does Pearl Martin say they typically used?
(b) White Oak.
5. Why is it suggested that the foundation be at least 18" high?
(a) To prevent small animals from entering the house.
(b) Termites won't go any higher than 18"
(c) No one is sure.
(d) To be well above the water satuation point.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the sign read when the students reached Lon Reid's property?
2. What kind of grease does Pearl Martin say she usually likes to use in her soap, although you can use most any kind?
3. What does Mrs. Harriet Echols say that she used to put in her soap to thicken up the soap?
4. What are the Sleepers?
5. What does Aunt Arie ask the students to do when they walk into her house for the first time?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)