|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Mountain Recipes" and "Preserving Vegetables".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Aunt Arie say she is going to make?
(a) Souse Meat.
2. What does it suggest in the instructions that the foundation of the log cabin should be made out of?
(a) Solid rock spanning the length and width of the house.
(b) Cured white oat logs that have been scorched to prevent termite damage.
(c) An elevated dirt floor.
(d) Large boulders placed at the four corners of the house and each 10 foot between.
3. What did the sign read when the students reached Lon Reid's property?
(a) Beware of Dogs.
(b) No trespassing.
(c) Beware of Bees.
(d) No revenuers.
4. What is Lon Reid said to still have?
(a) His mother and father's sorghum mill.
(b) An ox and cart.
(c) An old stihl.
(d) Active bee gum hives.
5. How do the authors say they have written down the information on building a log cabin?
(a) As a blue print.
(b) With detailed explanations.
(c) As a set of instructions.
(d) As a easily understood story.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Aunt Arie explain that she doesn't want to cut the eye if she can help it?
2. What does Aunt Arie ask the students to do when they walk into her house for the first time?
3. What does Pearl Martin say about the coloring of homemade soap?
4. What is the first recipe given in Mountain Recipes?
5. What should you remove when making Tomato Catsup?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)