|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Mountain Recipes" and "Preserving Vegetables".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the sign read when the students reached Lon Reid's property?
(a) No revenuers.
(b) No trespassing.
(c) Beware of Bees.
(d) Beware of Dogs.
2. What has caused the loss of the fine art of building a genuine log cabin?
(a) Lack of trees.
(b) Desire for unique looking houses.
(c) Trend toward an easier life.
(d) European influence.
3. What does it suggest in the instructions that the foundation of the log cabin should be made out of?
(a) Solid rock spanning the length and width of the house.
(b) Cured white oat logs that have been scorched to prevent termite damage.
(c) An elevated dirt floor.
(d) Large boulders placed at the four corners of the house and each 10 foot between.
4. How long do the students say it took them to gather information about building the log cabin?
(a) A full year.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Six months.
(d) An entire summer.
5. What does Aunt Arie say she is going to make?
(b) Souse Meat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Aunt Arie say she never left her home?
2. What does Mrs. Algie Norton say makes the best Hominy?
3. What does Aunt Arie say she would put in if she had plenty of money?
4. What does Aunt Arie ask the students to do when they walk into her house for the first time?
5. At the end of the interview what does the student say men like Lon live oblivious to?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)