Two Week Quiz A
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Mountain Recipes" and "Preserving Vegetables".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of the interview what does the student say men like Lon live oblivious to?
(a) That the world has changed so much in the past 100 years.
(b) That there are skyscrapers covering the world.
(c) That there is anything unique about Lon's life.
(d) That men are on the moon.
2. What ailment does Aunt Arie have according to the author?
(a) Blind due to cataracts.
(b) Paralyzed due to stroke.
(c) Deaf due to fever.
(d) Crazy due to living in the woods alone.
3. Why does Aunt Arie explain that she doesn't want to cut the eye if she can help it?
(a) Black stuff will run out onto everything.
(b) It will give the souse meat a rancid flavor.
(c) It's bad luck.
(d) It is sticky.
4. What does Mrs. Harriet Echols say that she used to put in her soap to thicken up the soap?
(b) Soft corn shucks.
(d) Pieces of rope.
5. What kind of grease does Pearl Martin say she usually likes to use in her soap, although you can use most any kind?
(a) Mutton tallow.
(b) Hog grease.
(c) Whatever she has on hand.
(d) Chicken grease.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Aunt Arie say she never left her home?
2. What does Mrs. Algie Norton say makes the best Hominy?
3. What does Aunt Arie ask the students to do when they walk into her house for the first time?
4. What should you remove when making Tomato Catsup?
5. How do the authors say they have written down the information on building a log cabin?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)