One Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Hunting".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What bit the preacher in Daniel's story?
2. What does Bill Lamb say a out the first chimney he ever built?
(a) It lasted one winter and fell appart.
(b) A tornado took it a week after it was built.
(c) It'd smoke apossum out'a th' house.
(d) It took a year to build.
3. What did a chimney have to do so that it didn't smoke?
(b) Have a hole under it to let the ashes fall out.
(c) Face southeast.
(d) Go straight up.
4. What was the dog called that was trained to round up and bring in the livestock for butchering or for selling?
(a) Ketch dogs.
(b) Ham dogs.
(c) Cattle dogs.
5. What kind of reading material does Daniel have with him?
(b) Music books.
(d) Hunting and trapping guides.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were early chimneys called?
2. What was a dog called whose job it was to keep the hogs and cows out of the corn?
3. What was NOT added to the clay to help the chinking in the chimney set up more quickly?
4. Which of these is NOT a reason that some of the mountain people enjoy hunting?
5. What often attacked fresh chinking in chimneys?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)