|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. If Americans miss opportunities for accomplishment, how do the authors say they are incorrectly viewing history?
2. According to the authors, what do Awakenings embody?
3. Who often misses seasonal changes according to the authors?
4. During the Second Turning, what did most Americans strive to become according to the authors?
5. What are Americans all part of according to the authors?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Is our society or government influenced by this book? How?
Essay Topic 2
What is the impact of this book to regular Americans? Was there an in impact at its publication? Is there one now?
Essay Topic 3
Do the authors maintain an objective tone about historical events? Is this a necessary tone? Why or why not?
This section contains 170 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)