|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lewis states that "a person who spends time spoiling a dog" doesn't have time to do which of the following?
(a) Do things for him/herself.
(b) Devote to charity.
(c) Enjoy nature.
(d) Hold a full-time job.
2. Which of the following does Lewis assert that women want?
(a) Someone with whom to share life.
(c) To be the object of one's affection.
(d) A successful career.
3. Friends give value to which of the following, according to Lewis?
(a) Our image.
(b) Our life.
(c) Our popularity.
(d) Our self-worth.
4. Lewis asserts that which of the following loves may or may not occur when friendship exists between a man and a woman?
(a) Appreciative love.
(b) Erotic love.
(c) Need love.
(d) Gift love.
5. Lewis refers to Eros as a "he," deeming him which of the following?
(a) Symbolic in nature.
(b) Father of Love.
(c) Father of Cupid.
(d) The most high of the loves.
6. According to Lewis, jealousy is applicable to which of the following in relation to affection?
7. Which of the following labels does Lewis caution against correlating with friendship prior to evaluating the friendship first?
8. "We choose our friends." How does Lewis label that statement?
(c) A possibility.
9. Which of the following do we tend to hold onto with respect to affection, according to Lewis?
(a) To what we desire.
(b) To what is familiar.
(c) To what we feel that we need.
(d) To what we feel to be rightfully ours.
10. According to Lewis' story illustrating perversion, which of the following can occur if an individual tends to every need that is perceived in relation to their object of affection?
11. Lewis suggests that anyone who deems spending time with animals to be a relief should examine which of the following?
(a) Their history in caring for animals.
(b) Their motives for spending time with animals.
(c) Their choice of profession or occupation.
(d) The amount of time that they devote to animals.
12. According to Lewis, which of the following methods is used to attempt to bring those falling into bad habits back into the fold?
(b) Reverse psychology.
(c) VIctorian appeal.
13. Lewis asserts that an individual in a crowd of a different opinion tends to be which of the following?
14. A man may seek out friends as a means to fill his need for friends, but also to accomplish which of the following, according to Lewis?
(a) To rebel against the woman's control.
(b) To find friends who may befriend both him and his spouse or significant other.
(c) To hone his ability to form friendship(s).
(d) To be able to make his own choices in the selection of friends.
15. A young lady told Lewis that key evenings only occurred when two men were prevented from engaging in talk about a "subject." The author labeled the scenario that the young lady described as which of the following?
(a) "Communication Prevention."
(b) "Creation of an Ambiance to Suit Women Only."
(c) "Controlling Men in Your Vicinity."
(d) "A War on Friendship."
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lewis cite as being a possibility of being accomplished by a small group of friends?
2. Lewis define Eros as being which of the following?
3. Lewis notes that a change in societal attitudes relating to friendship label it as which of the following?
4. The promise of life-long love is which of the following, according to Lewis?
5. Lewis states that which of the following must be applied to Eros?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)