|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lewis cites that most of our ancestors went into marriage without which of the following?
(a) A blood test.
(c) A marriage license.
2. Who were our ancestors married to, according to Lewis?
(a) To someone selected by their parents.
(b) To someone with whom they shared religious views.
(c) To their first love.
(d) To the first blue blood who would agree to marry them.
3. Which of the following is the name of the individual whom Lewis uses in his illustrative story about refusing to release the notion of being needed?
(a) Dr. Quartz.
(b) Dr. Colinot.
(c) Dr. Keaton.
(d) Dr. McGrew.
4. Lewis cites which of the following groups from ancient times as illustrative of friendship and bonding having evolved as a result of necessity and unity?
5. Eros honored and allowed to run free will consume and become which of the following, according to Lewis?
(a) A knight.
(b) A demon.
(c) A sea captain.
(d) A soothsayer.
6. Which of the following does Lewis deem necessary for a man and a woman to make a long-term relationship work?
(a) Hard work.
7. Lewis makes it a point to label which of the following as a serious topic?
8. According to Lewis, which of the following methods is used to attempt to bring those falling into bad habits back into the fold?
(a) VIctorian appeal.
(d) Reverse psychology.
9. Lewis uses which of the following characters to illustrate how perversion is possible within gift love?
(a) Mrs. Winters.
(b) Mrs. Troxclair.
(c) Mrs. Lawrence.
(d) Mrs. Fidget.
10. Lewis states that finding true affection, friendship, and deeper love for a person takes which of the following actions in order to evoke affection in return?
(a) Taking actions that make them happy.
(c) Conducting one-on-one discussions.
11. "We choose our friends." How does Lewis label that statement?
(c) A possibility.
12. Lewis asserts that which of the following loves may or may not occur when friendship exists between a man and a woman?
(a) Need love.
(b) Appreciative love.
(c) Gift love.
(d) Erotic love.
13. Lewis equates the vows of Eros to those of which of the following?
(a) A priest.
(b) A groom.
(c) A bride.
(d) A godparent.
14. During the Romantic period, according to Lewis, people turned their attention away from friendship, and toward which of the following?
15. Lewis asserts that all people need which of the following?
(a) To feel that they are loved.
(b) To feel that they are needed.
(c) To feel that they are accepted.
(d) To feel that they are trusted.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is the single element that Lewis mentions to be instrumental in helping an individual find sufficient strength to stand up before the masses for his/her belief(s)?
2. What does Lewis cite as being a possibility of being accomplished by a small group of friends?
3. A man may seek out friends as a means to fill his need for friends, but also to accomplish which of the following, according to Lewis?
4. According to Lewis, which is the least natural of the loves that he focuses on in his book?
5. Lewis notes that Eros will demand which of the following?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)