|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lewis asserts that the underlying reason for an individual tending to every need that is perceived in relation to their object of affection is which of the following?
(a) Need love.
(c) Gift love.
(d) Need pleasure.
2. Lewis equates the vows of Eros to those of which of the following?
(a) A bride.
(b) A priest.
(c) A godparent.
(d) A groom.
3. Lewis states that which of the following must be applied to Eros?
(a) He must not be taken seriously.
(b) He must be obeyed.
(c) He must be ruled.
(d) He must me taken seriously.
4. Lewis refers to Eros as a "he," deeming him which of the following?
(a) Father of Love.
(b) Father of Cupid.
(c) The most high of the loves.
(d) Symbolic in nature.
5. Lewis states that "a person who spends time spoiling a dog" doesn't have time to do which of the following?
(a) Do things for him/herself.
(b) Hold a full-time job.
(c) Devote to charity.
(d) Enjoy nature.
6. Lewis notes that in prior times, having friendships appeared to raise a person to which of the following?
(a) "Level of immense popularity in the community."
(b) "Level of gods or angels."
(c) "Level of high authority."
(d) "High level of reverence and respect."
7. Eros honored and allowed to run free will consume and become which of the following, according to Lewis?
(a) A demon.
(b) A knight.
(c) A soothsayer.
(d) A sea captain.
8. A major difference between friends and lovers is which of the following, according to Lewis?
(a) The quest for privacy.
(b) The quest for trust.
(c) The quest for security.
(d) The quest for total acceptance.
9. Lewis suggests that anyone who deems spending time with animals to be a relief should examine which of the following?
(a) Their history in caring for animals.
(b) Their choice of profession or occupation.
(c) The amount of time that they devote to animals.
(d) Their motives for spending time with animals.
10. Which of the following does Lewis deem necessary for a man and a woman to make a long-term relationship work?
(d) Hard work.
11. Lewis points out that both men and women want which of the following in addition to a spouse or a significant other?
12. Lewis equates meeting around the dinner table for conversation as which of the following?
(a) A time for reflection on the day's events.
(b) A social opportunity.
(c) An opportunity to plan the following day.
(d) A time to eat the lightest meal of the day.
13. A person's affection for animals, Lewis asserts, tends to drain which of the following?
(a) The need for affection.
(b) The need for acceptance by others.
(c) The need to be needed by the family.
(d) The need for others' attention.
14. Lewis cites that friendship expects which of the following in return for help?
(a) Nothing in return.
(b) Hourly pay.
(d) Reciprocal assistance.
15. Lewis define Eros as being which of the following?
(a) The state of being in love.
(b) Man's search for truth.
(c) Man's yearning for guidance.
(d) A Greek god.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lewis notes that people are more natural when in which of the following states?
2. Lewis points out friendships that exist between friends of the same sex, which can be deemed as which of the following?
3. What does Lewis note that a person who is in love with a friend will do in relation to losing the love or the friendship equally?
4. What does Lewis cite as being a possibility of being accomplished by a small group of friends?
5. According to Lewis, what is likely to happen if a woman deprives her husband or significant other from friendships with others?
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)