|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Friendship: Pages 57-72.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Lewis, affection usually provides the following:
2. Lewis cites that people who are aggressive patriots will not fight unless which of the following takes place?
(a) They are forbidden to fight.
(b) They are pushed to fight.
(c) They are trained to fight.
(d) They are fit to fight.
3. Lewis notes that in the case of an alcoholic, desire pleasure can give way to which type of pleasure?
(a) Sporadic pleasure.
(b) Need pleasure.
(c) Absolute pleasure.
(d) Genuine pleasure.
4. Based on Lewis' observations, what level of emphasis do modern writers place on friendship?
(a) Occasional emphasis.
(b) A lot of emphasis.
(c) Moderate emphasis.
(d) Little emphasis.
5. Which of the following best describes Lewis' introduction to his book?
Short Answer Questions
1. Lewis states that affection can exist between a cat and which of the following?
2. Which of the following poets does Lewis quote when he writes, "A man's reason for not wanting his country to be ruled by foreigners are very like his reasons for not wanting his house to be burned down."
3. What is the sole condition under which affection produces happiness according to Lewis?
4. Friends give value to which of the following, according to Lewis?
5. Which of the following does Lewis NOT cite as happening to need love with the passage of time?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)