|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Friendship: Pages 57-72.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lewis warns against focusing solely on nature as a means toward which of the following?
(a) Verification of scientific theory.
2. A person's affection for animals, Lewis asserts, tends to drain which of the following?
(a) The need for acceptance by others.
(b) The need for affection.
(c) The need to be needed by the family.
(d) The need for others' attention.
3. Lewis writes that to say, "These are my friends..." implies which of the following?
(a) That others are welcome to join that group.
(b) That others are not included in that group.
(c) That conflict may actually exist within that group.
(d) That not everyone in the group may agree that they are all friends.
4. Which of the following does Lewis NOT cite as happening to need love with the passage of time?
5. Lewis states that finding true affection, friendship, and deeper love for a person takes which of the following actions in order to evoke affection in return?
(b) Taking actions that make them happy.
(d) Conducting one-on-one discussions.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Lewis, all countries have historical facts that cause their citizens to feel which of the following ways?
2. According to Lewis, a person should constantly be doing which of the following?
3. Which of the following poets does Lewis quote when he writes, "A man's reason for not wanting his country to be ruled by foreigners are very like his reasons for not wanting his house to be burned down."
4. Which of the following would be a terrible companion for a nature lover, according to Lewis?
5. A person enjoying a glass of water is illustrative of which of the following types of pleasure, according to Lewis?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)