|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Friendship: Pages 57-72.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Lewis, all countries have historical facts that cause their citizens to feel which of the following ways?
2. Lewis states that those who feel that they may be losing a loved one to change are fearful of which of the following?
(a) That the endeavor that has taken their loved one away may be worthwhile.
(b) That the endeavor that has taken their loved one away may exclude them out of their loved one's life.
(c) That the endeavor that has taken their loved one away may be something that they are not capable of doing themselves.
(d) That the endeavor that has taken their loved one away will take up all of their loved one's time.
3. The ultimate destination that Lewis mentions in the introduction to his book is which of the following?
(a) A forest.
(d) The universe.
4. Lewis observes that a person who truly appreciates a cross-section of humanity is capable of interacting with people from which of the following?
(a) From the affluent part of town.
(b) All walks of life.
(c) From a scholarly community.
(d) A different lifestyle from theirs.
5. Which of the following does Lewis cite as not inherent in affection?
(c) Deep bonds.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lewis writes that which of the following can be considered equal to appreciative love?
2. According to Lewis, which of the following is the "safest" type of love?
3. A person enjoying a glass of water is illustrative of which of the following types of pleasure, according to Lewis?
4. In Lewis' example of an individual making his way toward his ultimate destination, each movement that he makes puts him at which of the following distances from his goal?
5. Based on Lewis' observations, what level of emphasis do modern writers place on friendship?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)