|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Affection: Pages 31-44.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does Lewis cite as being at the bottom of love?
2. According to Lewis, affection is a necessary part of which of the following?
(a) Long-term erotic love.
(b) Need love.
(c) Appreciative love.
(d) Spontaneous love.
3. Lewis cites that which of the following can be deemed heroic?
(a) Gift love.
(b) Appreciative love.
(c) Desire pleasure.
4. Lewis writes that he selected his books the same way that he selected which of the following?
(a) His furniture.
(b) His friends.
(c) His physicians.
(d) His music.
5. Lewis states that it is a fallacy to believe that nature is which of the following?
(a) A mystery.
(b) A perpetual science lab.
(c) A teacher.
(d) An inspiration.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Lewis, affection can be felt between two people who:
2. In Lewis' example of an individual making his way toward his ultimate destination, each movement that he makes puts him at which of the following distances from his goal?
3. Lewis writes that human emotion tends to lead people toward doing which of the following?
4. Dirt, writes Lewis in the introduction to his book, is clean as long as it remains on the ground, and not on which of the following?
5. Where does Lewis cite as having been the site for his organization of his thoughts about love?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)