|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The implications when using the word 'I' in a sentence is that it is a _____.
2. The classifying and sorting of experiences is called _____.
3. Gandharvas are celestial _____.
4. The Brahmajala Sutta is a discourse on the ____.
(b) Supreme net.
(c) Total being.
(d) Karmic wheel.
5. The condition of duhkha implies _____ existence.
Short Answer Questions
1. In a sutta in the Pali canon, the Buddha is said to have thirty-two _____.
2. Though the precise form of the earliest Buddhist devotions is unclear, it is know that they revolved around the worship of _____.
3. One of the five hindrances is _____.
4. Death is simply a _____ of events.
5. The self is characterized as _____ in the early Upanisads.
Short Essay Questions
1. How are the thirty-one levels of existence classified? Who resides in these realms?
2. What is causal connectedness?
3. What did the Buddha do after performing the miracle after his awakening?
4. Why is stilling the mind an integral goal of Buddhist meditation?
5. What is bhavanga?
6. What are the five precepts of the lay followers in Buddhism?
7. How does the sense of self spring from delusion?
8. What happens as the path of the bodhisattva progresses?
9. Why does the boddhisattva turn away from samsara and yet turn back to the world?
10. What attitudes do the Mahayana sutras display toward the bodhisattva?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)