|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One of the four elements in Buddhism is _____.
2. The dhyanas are levels of _____.
3. The Buddha apparently approved of worship at _____.
(a) Sacrificial altars.
(b) City centers.
(d) Non-Buddhist shrines.
4. The moment of attaining one of the paths and fruits of stream-attainment is called _____.
5. The repository manuals related to the sutras are called the _____.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the Buddha sit twenty-one days after his awakening?
2. Eighty-one types of dharma are _____.
3. Death is simply a _____ of events.
4. Skandhas are _____ of physical and mental events.
5. The bodhisattva turns away from samsara as a place of _____.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was vegetarianism not an explicit tenet of early Buddhism? What questions did this bring up?
2. What is the wheel of becoming?
3. Why is stilling the mind an integral goal of Buddhist meditation?
4. What happens as the path of the bodhisattva progresses?
5. What two things does abhidharma refer to in Buddhist tradition?
6. Why does the boddhisattva turn away from samsara and yet turn back to the world?
7. What is dependent arising?
8. What components, according to Buddhist thought, comprise a world-sphere?
9. How is world contraction described according to the Abhidharma?
10. How is the nature of bad action illustrated in Buddhism?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)