|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Buddha apparently approved of worship at _____.
(b) Non-Buddhist shrines.
(c) Sacrificial altars.
(d) City centers.
2. Gandharvas are celestial _____.
3. Buddhist devotional and ritual acts are generally seen as having a _____ quality.
4. Samsara is _____.
(b) Chakra light source.
(d) The round of rebirth.
5. Who is the father of the Madhyamaka or middle school?
Short Answer Questions
1. The Brahmajala Sutta is a discourse on the ____.
2. Meditation is the cultivation of _____.
3. In Buddhism, the truth underlying reality is _____.
4. The classifying and sorting of experiences is called _____.
5. What are devas?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is dependent arising?
2. What did the Buddha say of the beginning of samsara?
3. What is the wheel of becoming?
4. Why does the boddhisattva turn away from samsara and yet turn back to the world?
5. Why is stilling the mind an integral goal of Buddhist meditation?
6. How are the thirty-one levels of existence classified? Who resides in these realms?
7. What is bhavanga?
8. What components, according to Buddhist thought, comprise a world-sphere?
9. How is world contraction described according to the Abhidharma?
10. What is access concentration in meditation?
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)