|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One of the ten rules of training for a monk involves refraining from handling _____.
(a) Gold and silver.
(b) Copper and lead.
(c) Cadmium and titanium.
(d) Nickel and iron.
2. The word bodhi means _____.
3. The book looks at what is _____ in the three schools of Buddhist thought.
4. Tibetan 'Vehicle of the Diamond Thunderbolt' is also known as _____ Buddhism.
5. Vinaya is the word Buddhists use for _____.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did W.C. Peppe find when he was digging on his estate in India?
2. The Bodhisattva's mother dreamed of a _____ carrying a lotus on the night he was conceived.
3. The tradition of Mahayana Buddhism found in China, Korea, Japan, and Vietnam is called _____ Buddhism.
4. The river that flows through the area where the Buddha gathered a following is called _____.
5. One of the ten rules of training for a monk involves refraining from attending _____.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the author say about satya in relation to a Buddhist creed?
2. How did the Buddha respond when Malunkya said he would stop training with him if he didn't answer the ten undetermined questions?
3. Why did the Buddha possibly refuse to give categorical answers to the ten undetermined questions?
4. What is the precursor to the Indian caste system?
5. What are some of the features of Tibetan Buddhism?
6. According to the author, what does the term 'Buddhism' refer to?
7. Why is stealing not permitted by a monk?
8. What is the responsibility of a Buddha regarding teaching?
9. Why does the author say that he wrote this book on Buddhism?
10. How was the Rig Veda communicated orally?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)