|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Buddhist attitude toward good conduct and the suggestion of adherence to moral principles for their own sake may be an expression of _____.
2. One of the basic critiques of self in Buddhism that implies a constant that Buddhism believes is not constant is _____.
3. The bodhisattva turns away from samsara as a place of _____.
4. All Buddhism knows the story of the ascetic, _____.
5. The lam rim in _____ Buddhism is called the gradual path.
(c) Sri Lankan.
6. One of the five hindrances is _____.
7. Good conduct is seen in Buddhism as auspicious action or _____.
8. In Buddhism, the truth underlying reality is _____.
9. The linking of different lives into a causal series is understood as a particular function of _____.
(a) Mental phenomena.
(b) Externally-caused phenomena.
(c) Physical phenomena.
(d) Auditory phenomena.
10. To whom did the Buddha teach dharma after he performed the miracle after his awakening?
(a) His mother.
(b) His brother.
(c) His sister.
(d) His father.
11. Death is simply a _____ of events.
(d) Distraction from.
12. In terms of karma, one's state of mind is important and constitutes a _____.
(c) Real deed.
(d) False promise.
13. Buddhist devotional and ritual acts are generally seen as having a _____ quality.
14. Though the precise form of the earliest Buddhist devotions is unclear, it is know that they revolved around the worship of _____.
15. At the center of a cakra-vada is the great _____.
(a) Sky god.
(b) World mountain.
(c) Gold heart.
Short Answer Questions
1. One of the four elements in Buddhism is _____.
2. Earlier texts state that the universe as a whole comprises a vast number of _____.
3. Skandhas are _____ of physical and mental events.
4. The Buddhist texts call the physical world _____.
5. As a system of thought, Abhidharma is to be contrasted with the system of _____ of the Buddha.
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)