|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The classifying and sorting of experiences is called _____.
2. Some of the teachings of the Buddha are expressed in conventional terms, and others are expressed in _____ terms.
3. Good conduct is seen in Buddhism as auspicious action or _____.
4. How long have people been wandering through samsara?
5. Though the precise form of the earliest Buddhist devotions is unclear, it is know that they revolved around the worship of _____.
6. One of the four elements in Buddhism is _____.
7. One of the five hindrances is _____.
8. One of the basic critiques of self in Buddhism that implies a constant that Buddhism believes is not constant is _____.
9. Impermanence was regarded by the Buddha as _____.
10. Abhidharma captures the very essence of dharma, which means that its sound can almost operate as a _____.
11. To the early Upanisads, the ultimate self is identified with the underlying ground of all reality known as _____.
12. The southern continent of Jambudvipa is known as the continent of the _____ tree.
13. At the center of a cakra-vada is the great _____.
(a) Gold heart.
(b) World mountain.
(c) Sky god.
14. After his awakening, the Buddha was thought to still have an attachment to the _____ of awakening.
15. The sravaka in the Mahayana tradition is a _____.
(c) Fallen monk.
(d) Lay person.
Short Answer Questions
1. The dhyanas are levels of _____.
2. One of the four elements in Buddhism is _____.
3. In Buddhism, the truth underlying reality is _____.
4. When he ascended to heaven after performing the miracle, under which tree did he sit to do his teaching?
5. The bodhisattva turns away from samsara as a place of _____.
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)