|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. All Buddhism knows the story of the ascetic, _____.
2. One of the four elements in Buddhism is _____.
3. To understand the duhkha is precisely to reach the _____ of the world.
4. Some of the teachings of the Buddha are expressed in conventional terms, and others are expressed in _____ terms.
5. The dhyanas are levels of _____.
6. Earlier texts state that the universe as a whole comprises a vast number of _____.
(b) Celestial time warps.
(c) Worm holes.
7. Though the precise form of the earliest Buddhist devotions is unclear, it is know that they revolved around the worship of _____.
8. To whom did the Buddha teach dharma after he performed the miracle after his awakening?
(a) His sister.
(b) His mother.
(c) His father.
(d) His brother.
9. The repository manuals related to the sutras are called the _____.
10. In Buddhism, the truth underlying reality is _____.
11. Where did the Buddha sit twenty-one days after his awakening?
(a) The House of Karma.
(b) The House of Candles.
(c) The House of Jewels.
(d) The House of Dharma.
12. The linking of different lives into a causal series is understood as a particular function of _____.
(a) Physical phenomena.
(b) Externally-caused phenomena.
(c) Mental phenomena.
(d) Auditory phenomena.
13. The classifying and sorting of experiences is called _____.
14. The practice of the ten perfections constitutes the path of development ending in the tenth level, the _____.
(a) Cloud of Dharma.
(b) Seat of Awakening.
(c) Wheel of Karma.
(d) Line of Soma.
15. Buddhist devotional and ritual acts are generally seen as having a _____ quality.
Short Answer Questions
1. The father of the Madhyamaka was thought to have influenced the philosopher _____.
2. Samsara is _____.
3. An awareness of ourselves as thinking subjects is called _____.
4. The southern continent of Jambudvipa is known as the continent of the _____ tree.
5. One of the four elements in Buddhism is _____.
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)