|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. An _____ is a being from a lower realm of existence in Buddhist cosmology.
(c) Astral traveler.
2. In terms of karma, one's state of mind is important and constitutes a _____.
(c) False promise.
(d) Real deed.
3. The subject of the monk Nagasena's story to the king is a _____.
4. One of the four elements in Buddhism is _____.
5. The Mahayana Lankavatara Sutra explicitly argues against _____.
(a) Running after ghosts.
(b) Watching children.
(c) Holding fire ceremonies.
(d) Meat eating.
6. The repository manuals related to the sutras are called the _____.
7. In Buddhism, the truth underlying reality is _____.
8. The bodhisattva turns away from samsara as a place of _____.
9. At the center of a cakra-vada is the great _____.
(b) Gold heart.
(c) World mountain.
(d) Sky god.
10. Some Budhdists believe that the idea of self is something conditioned by ____.
11. To the early Upanisads, the ultimate self is identified with the underlying ground of all reality known as _____.
12. Flowers, incense, and lamps are _____ in modern Buddhism.
13. A _____ is a being from a lower realm of existence in Buddhist cosmology.
(a) Happy human.
(b) Hungry ghost.
(d) Lost angel.
14. Samsara is _____.
(a) The round of rebirth.
(c) Chakra light source.
15. The self is characterized as _____ in the early Upanisads.
Short Answer Questions
1. One of the five hindrances is _____.
2. As a system of thought, Abhidharma is to be contrasted with the system of _____ of the Buddha.
3. Karma is a being's _____ of body, speech, and mind.
4. Death is simply a _____ of events.
5. An awareness of ourselves as thinking subjects is called _____.
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)