|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The word trsna means _____.
2. According to the author, Buddhism is typically seen as a history of _____ Theravada Buddhism.
3. Tibetan 'Vehicle of the Diamond Thunderbolt' is also known as _____ Buddhism.
4. The Vinaya contains _____ for the corporate acts of the monastic collective.
(c) Historical perspective.
5. Where was the Bodhisattva when he considered when and where to be born to teach as the Buddha?
(a) The Tusita heaven.
(b) The Dharma heaven.
(c) The karma wheel.
(d) The Pali wheel.
6. One of the three fundamental defilements in Buddhism is _____.
7. One of the three fundamental defilements in Buddhism is _____.
8. Where was W.C. Peppe digging on his estate in India?
(a) Under his house.
(b) Into a mound.
(c) Into a well.
(d) Under his stables.
9. The earliest Buddhist sources state that the future Buddha was born with the name _____.
(a) Piprahwa Sakya.
(b) Walpola Rahula.
(c) Har Dayal.
(d) Siddhartha Gautama.
10. The Bodhisattva was conceived on the _____ night of Asadha, or July.
(c) Full moon.
11. The history of Buddhism stretches over _____ years.
12. The life of the wandering monk assumes sufficient _____ of the surrounding community.
(a) Good will.
(d) Laissez faire.
13. One of the ten rules of training for a monk involves refraining from taking _____.
(b) Water from the ground.
(c) Money from the community.
(d) What is not given.
14. The three defilements are also known as _____.
15. The author concentrates on sustained expositions of Buddhist _____.
Short Answer Questions
1. One of a monk's four basic resources is lodging _____.
2. One of the ten rules of training for a monk involves refraining from wearing _____.
3. The Nikayama/Agama are collections of sutras or _____.
4. One of a monk's four basic resources is a robe made of _____.
5. One of the ten rules of training for a monk involves refraining from eating _____.
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)