|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was W.C. Peppe digging on his estate in India?
2. There are _____ Nikayas.
3. One of the ten rules of training for a monk involves refraining from _____.
(a) Eating rice.
(b) Harming living creatures.
(c) Eating with utensils.
(d) Walking with shoes on.
4. One of the ten rules of training for a monk involves refraining from sleeping _____.
(a) On the ground.
(b) On luxurious beds.
(c) On straw.
(d) Elevated above the ground.
5. Buddhism does not involve the belief in a _____.
(a) Creator God.
(c) Meditative state.
(d) System of practices.
6. One of the ten rules of training for a monk involves refraining from wearing _____.
7. The five aggregates of _____ are suffering.
8. The word bodhi means _____.
9. One of a monk's four basic resources is medicine made of _____.
(a) Boiled tree bark.
(b) Fermented urine.
(c) The skin of frogs.
(d) Masticated birch leaves.
10. One of the three fundamental defilements in Buddhism is _____.
11. One of the ten rules of training for a monk involves refraining from _____ which cause heedlessness.
(b) Ego trips.
(d) Free will.
12. There is a Pali version of the Nikayama/Agama and a _____ translation contained in the Tripitaka.
(b) Sri Lankan.
13. How many days after the Bodhisattva was born did his mother die?
14. One of the three fundamental defilements in Buddhism is _____.
15. The Mahayana likely began as a _____ movement.
(a) Secret underground.
(c) Secular uprising.
(d) Minority monastic.
Short Answer Questions
1. One of the noble truths regarding the origin of suffering is the _____ existence.
2. Edward Conze pointed out that it took over two thousand years and a couple of Western converts to provide Buddhism with a _____.
3. Some three months after the death of the Buddha, 500 arhats took part in a _____.
4. One of the ten rules of training for a monk involves refraining from false _____.
5. The followers of Sarvastivada Abhidaharma argue that nirvana should be regarded as _____.
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)