|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, Evolving Traditions of Buddhism, South, East, North and West.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. _____ are regarded as ultimate bits of matter, which is similar in concept to dharma.
(b) Stardust particles.
2. The Bodhisattva was conceived on the _____ night of Asadha, or July.
(b) Full moon.
3. The Theravading Vinaya specifies that the candidate for pravrajya must be old enough to _____.
(a) Walk a tight rope.
(b) Measure the stars.
(c) Scare crows away.
(d) Eat from a bowl.
4. To whom did the Buddha teach dharma after he performed the miracle after his awakening?
(a) His brother.
(b) His sister.
(c) His father.
(d) His mother.
5. Vinaya is the word Buddhists use for _____.
Short Answer Questions
1. The term sramana means _____.
2. The word bodhi means _____.
3. After his awakening, the Buddha was thought to still have an attachment to the _____ of awakening.
4. One of the ten rules of training for a monk involves refraining from eating _____.
5. How many days after the Bodhisattva was born did his mother die?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)