|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, The Abhidharma, The Higher Teaching.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Craving is understood to be the crystallization of _____.
2. The tradition of Mahayana Buddhism found in China, Korea, Japan, and Vietnam is called _____ Buddhism.
3. The Buddha is the author of _____ books and treatises.
4. Gandharvas are celestial _____.
5. The book looks at what is _____ in the three schools of Buddhist thought.
Short Answer Questions
1. As a system of thought, Abhidharma is to be contrasted with the system of _____ of the Buddha.
2. Impermanence was regarded by the Buddha as _____.
3. One of a monk's four basic resources is a robe made of _____.
4. One of the ten rules of training for a monk involves refraining from eating _____.
5. One of the ten rules of training for a monk involves refraining from handling _____.
This section contains 171 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)