|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, The Abhidharma, The Higher Teaching.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. There are _____ Nikayas.
2. What form of ritual was carried out at the death of the Buddha?
(d) Air sacrifice.
3. Flowers, incense, and lamps are _____ in modern Buddhism.
4. The Milindapanha records the meeting of a Buddhist monk and the local _____ king, Milinda or Menander.
(a) Bactrian Greek.
5. Mahayana Buddhism is classified by the author as _____.
Short Answer Questions
1. East Asian Buddhism has coexisted with Confucianism, Taoism, Shinto, and more recently but less happily, _____.
2. One of the ten rules of training for a monk involves refraining from eating _____.
3. The Nikayama/Agama are collections of sutras or _____.
4. Edward Conze pointed out that it took over two thousand years and a couple of Western converts to provide Buddhism with a _____.
5. Death is simply a _____ of events.
This section contains 162 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)