|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, The Abhidharma, The Higher Teaching.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The earliest Buddhist sources state that the future Buddha was born with the name _____.
(a) Siddhartha Gautama.
(b) Har Dayal.
(c) Piprahwa Sakya.
(d) Walpola Rahula.
2. One of the three fundamental defilements in Buddhism is _____.
3. One of the ancient and recurring images in Indian religious discourse is of _____.
(a) Eating the fruit of knowledge.
(b) Sacrificial dance on the full moon.
(c) Crossing the ocean of existence.
(d) Reading from written scripture.
4. When he ascended to heaven after performing the miracle, under which tree did he sit to do his teaching?
(a) The Karma Tree.
(b) The Coral Tree.
(c) The Bodhi Tree.
(d) The Liquid Amber Tree.
5. One of the ten rules of training for a monk involves refraining from _____ which cause heedlessness.
(a) Ego trips.
(d) Free will.
Short Answer Questions
1. One of a monk's four basic resources is a robe made of _____.
2. Impermanence was regarded by the Buddha as _____.
3. The oldest portion of the Vedas is called the _____.
4. The aspect of change that makes the world a place of suffering is _____.
5. How old is Buddhism?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)