|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, The Buddhist Path, The Way of Calm and Thought.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Vinaya is the word Buddhists use for _____.
2. The word sutra literally means _____.
3. One of the ten rules of training for a monk involves refraining from sleeping _____.
(a) On the ground.
(b) On luxurious beds.
(c) Elevated above the ground.
(d) On straw.
4. Arhats are the names of Buddhist _____.
5. East Asian Buddhism has coexisted with Confucianism, Taoism, Shinto, and more recently but less happily, _____.
Short Answer Questions
1. One of the four elements in Buddhism is _____.
2. Buddhist devotional and ritual acts are generally seen as having a _____ quality.
3. Edward Conze pointed out that it took over two thousand years and a couple of Western converts to provide Buddhism with a _____.
4. The matrkas are a summary of _____ lists of significant points of Buddha's teaching.
5. One of the ten rules of training for a monk involves refraining from wearing _____.
This section contains 164 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)