|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, The Buddhist Community, Monks, Nuns, and Lay Followers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One of the ten rules of training for a monk involves refraining from _____ which cause heedlessness.
(b) Free will.
(d) Ego trips.
2. The tradition of Mahayana Buddhism found in China, Korea, Japan, and Vietnam is called _____ Buddhism.
3. The term sramana means _____.
(a) One who breathes life.
(b) One who eats fruit.
(c) One who sits.
(d) One who strives.
4. The Buddha is the author of _____ books and treatises.
5. Sthaviras is a Buddhist term that refers to ______________.
Short Answer Questions
1. One of the ten rules of training for a monk involves refraining from _____.
2. The various Indo-Aryan dialects, the vernacular of Buddha's time, are known as _____.
3. One of a monk's four basic resources is lodging _____.
4. The coming of the _____ into India did not bring political unity, but brought ideology that affected Indian culture.
5. The oldest portion of the Vedas is called the _____.
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)