|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Four Truths, The Disease, the Cause, the Cure, the Medicine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The aspect of change that makes the world a place of suffering is _____.
2. The Theravada tradition of Sri Lanka and South-East Asia is called _____ Buddhism.
3. Where was W.C. Peppe digging on his estate in India?
(a) Into a mound.
(b) Under his stables.
(c) Into a well.
(d) Under his house.
4. One of the noble truths regarding the origin of suffering is the _____ existence.
(a) Chain reaction of.
(b) Hatred for.
(c) Denial of.
(d) Thirst for.
5. According to the author, Buddhism is typically seen as a history of _____ Theravada Buddhism.
Short Answer Questions
1. Craving is understood to be the crystallization of _____.
2. The three defilements are also known as _____.
3. What are stupas?
4. Sthaviras is a Buddhist term that refers to ______________.
5. How old is Buddhism?
This section contains 162 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)