|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Four Truths, The Disease, the Cause, the Cure, the Medicine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According the the author, what lies at the heart of Buddhism is _____.
2. The public concern of Buddhism was living by _____, not doctrinal conformity.
(a) Ritual oblation.
(b) Monastic rules.
(c) Common language.
(d) Vegan laws.
3. The Mahayana likely began as a _____ movement.
(b) Secret underground.
(c) Secular uprising.
(d) Minority monastic.
4. Some three months after the death of the Buddha, 500 arhats took part in a _____.
(a) Silent meditation.
(b) Fire ritual.
(c) Vedic sacrifice.
(d) Communial recitation.
5. The word trsna means _____.
Short Answer Questions
1. Buddhism does not involve the belief in a _____.
2. What did W.C. Peppe find when he was digging on his estate in India?
3. The Visuddhimagga is the Path of ____.
4. Arhats are the names of Buddhist _____.
5. When was W.C. Peppe digging on his estate in India?
This section contains 155 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)