|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Four Truths, The Disease, the Cause, the Cure, the Medicine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The book looks at what is _____ in the three schools of Buddhist thought.
2. The Theravada tradition is classified by the author as _____.
3. The Mahayana likely began as a _____ movement.
(b) Secular uprising.
(c) Secret underground.
(d) Minority monastic.
4. The earliest Buddhist sources state that the future Buddha was born with the name _____.
(a) Siddhartha Gautama.
(b) Har Dayal.
(c) Walpola Rahula.
(d) Piprahwa Sakya.
5. When was W.C. Peppe digging on his estate in India?
Short Answer Questions
1. The three defilements are also known as _____.
2. There are _____ Nikayas.
3. Where was the Bodhisattva when he considered when and where to be born to teach as the Buddha?
4. What is the framework which underlies all later Buddhist thought called?
5. One of the three fundamental defilements in Buddhism is _____.
This section contains 153 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)