|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, The Word of the Buddha, Buddhist Scriptures and Schools.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did W.C. Peppe find when he was digging on his estate in India?
(a) A quartz ball.
(b) A bronze statue.
(c) A soapstone vase.
(d) An ivory talisman.
2. The oldest portion of the Vedas is called the _____.
(b) Rg Veda.
3. The various Indo-Aryan dialects, the vernacular of Buddha's time, are known as _____.
4. The history of Buddhism stretches over _____ years.
5. Sthaviras is a Buddhist term that refers to ______________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Arhats are the names of Buddhist _____.
2. The word bodhi means _____.
3. Some three months after the death of the Buddha, 500 arhats took part in a _____.
4. The term sramana means _____.
5. How many days after the Bodhisattva was born did his mother die?
This section contains 150 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)