|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, The Buddha, The Story of the Awakened One.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The oldest portion of the Vedas is called the _____.
(c) Rg Veda.
2. How old is Buddhism?
(a) Five hundred years.
(b) Two and a half millennia.
(c) Ten thousand years.
(d) A thousand years.
3. Where was W.C. Peppe digging on his estate in India?
(a) Under his house.
(b) Into a well.
(c) Under his stables.
(d) Into a mound.
4. According to the author, Buddhism is typically seen as a history of _____ Theravada Buddhism.
5. At the writing of the book, the author taught introductory courses on Buddhism at a _____.
(c) Prep school.
(d) New age research center.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Theravada tradition of Sri Lanka and South-East Asia is called _____ Buddhism.
2. How many days after the Bodhisattva was born did his mother die?
3. The book looks at what is _____ in the three schools of Buddhist thought.
4. The author's aim in writing the book was to act as a _____ for the principles of Buddhism.
5. The river that flows through the area where the Buddha gathered a following is called _____.
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)