|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, The Buddha, The Story of the Awakened One.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. East Asian Buddhism has coexisted with Confucianism, Taoism, Shinto, and more recently but less happily, _____.
2. At the writing of the book, the author taught introductory courses on Buddhism at a _____.
(c) Prep school.
(d) New age research center.
3. What does the word buddha mean?
(a) One who has dreamed reality.
(b) One who has opened his heart.
(c) One who has eaten of the fruit.
(d) One who has awakened.
4. What form of ritual was carried out at the death of the Buddha?
(d) Air sacrifice.
5. Tibetan Buddhism is sometimes called _____ Buddhism.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Bodhisattva's mother dreamed of a _____ carrying a lotus on the night he was conceived.
2. How old is Buddhism?
3. What is the framework which underlies all later Buddhist thought called?
4. The term sramana means _____.
5. What did W.C. Peppe find when he was digging on his estate in India?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)