|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, The Mahayana, The Great Vehicle.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Buddhist attitude toward good conduct and the suggestion of adherence to moral principles for their own sake may be an expression of _____.
2. An _____ is a being from a lower realm of existence in Buddhist cosmology.
(a) Astral traveler.
3. The Theravada tradition is classified by the author as _____.
4. One of the ten rules of training for a monk involves refraining from eating _____.
(a) Before sunrise.
(b) During a full moon.
(c) After midday.
(d) On Sunday.
5. Vinaya is the word Buddhists use for _____.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Theravada tradition of Sri Lanka and South-East Asia is called _____ Buddhism.
2. One of the four elements in Buddhism is _____.
3. The repository manuals related to the sutras are called the _____.
4. Becoming a monk requires going forth and _____.
5. The earliest Buddhist sources state that the future Buddha was born with the name _____.
This section contains 170 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)