|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, The Mahayana, The Great Vehicle.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tibetan 'Vehicle of the Diamond Thunderbolt' is also known as _____ Buddhism.
2. The four _____ are from the realm of the Supreme Gods.
(a) Gods who Delight in Creation.
(b) Contented Gods.
(c) Great Brahmas.
(d) Yama Gods.
3. The father of the Madhyamaka was thought to have influenced the philosopher _____.
4. Atman is the Sanskrit word for self or _____.
5. One of the ten rules of training for a monk involves refraining from wearing _____.
Short Answer Questions
1. _____ are regarded as ultimate bits of matter, which is similar in concept to dharma.
2. Asoka, the great _____ king, was thought to have been consecrated 218 years after the death of the Buddha.
3. The great theme of the Perfection of Wisdom is _____.
4. Becoming a monk requires going forth and _____.
5. The lam rim in _____ Buddhism is called the gradual path.
This section contains 162 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)