|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, The Mahayana, The Great Vehicle.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Flowers, incense, and lamps are _____ in modern Buddhism.
2. Vinaya is the word Buddhists use for _____.
3. One of the five hindrances is _____.
4. Buddhism does not involve the belief in a _____.
(a) Creator God.
(c) System of practices.
(d) Meditative state.
5. One of the three fundamental defilements in Buddhism is _____.
Short Answer Questions
1. A _____ is a being from a lower realm of existence in Buddhist cosmology.
2. Earlier texts state that the universe as a whole comprises a vast number of _____.
3. One of a monk's four basic resources is lodging _____.
4. Nagas are mythical _____.
5. The scholar Etienne Lamotte was from _____.
This section contains 150 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)