|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Four Truths, The Disease, the Cause, the Cure, the Medicine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The three defilements are also known as _____.
2. The author's aim in writing the book was to act as a _____ for the principles of Buddhism.
3. Asoka, the great _____ king, was thought to have been consecrated 218 years after the death of the Buddha.
4. What does the word buddha mean?
(a) One who has dreamed reality.
(b) One who has awakened.
(c) One who has eaten of the fruit.
(d) One who has opened his heart.
5. How many days after the Bodhisattva was born did his mother die?
Short Answer Questions
1. One of the ancient and recurring images in Indian religious discourse is of _____.
2. What form of ritual was carried out at the death of the Buddha?
3. The scholar Etienne Lamotte was from _____.
4. According the the author, what lies at the heart of Buddhism is _____.
5. The _____ school of Buddhism in the sixth and seventh centuries was suspicious of theoretical formulations regarding the practice of Buddhism.
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)