|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, No Self, Personal Continuity and Dependent Arising.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The notion of self is born of _____.
(a) Joy and love.
(b) Delusion or ignorance.
(c) Desperation and derision.
(d) Constancy and eternity.
2. The Buddhist texts call the physical world _____.
3. Where was W.C. Peppe digging on his estate in India?
(a) Under his stables.
(b) Under his house.
(c) Into a mound.
(d) Into a well.
4. One of the ten rules of training for a monk involves refraining from using _____.
(a) Skin oils.
(d) A toothbrush.
5. The Tibetan Kanjur and _____ canon were translated between the seventh and thirteenth centuries.
Short Answer Questions
1. One of the ten rules of training for a monk involves refraining from attending _____.
2. The three defilements are also known as _____.
3. One of the ten rules of training for a monk involves refraining from sleeping _____.
4. Skandhas are _____ of physical and mental events.
5. What does the word duhkha mean?
This section contains 168 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)