|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, No Self, Personal Continuity and Dependent Arising.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One of a monk's four basic resources is a robe made of _____.
(a) Discarded rags.
(b) Sheets of bleached cotton.
(c) Red-dyed wool.
2. To understand the duhkha is precisely to reach the _____ of the world.
3. According the the author, what lies at the heart of Buddhism is _____.
4. Atman is the Sanskrit word for self or _____.
5. The Bodhisattva was conceived on the _____ night of Asadha, or July.
(a) Full moon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was W.C. Peppe digging on his estate in India?
2. One of a monk's four basic resources is lodging _____.
3. What are stupas?
4. Sthaviras is a Buddhist term that refers to ______________.
5. Edward Conze pointed out that it took over two thousand years and a couple of Western converts to provide Buddhism with a _____.
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)