|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, No Self, Personal Continuity and Dependent Arising.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Nikayama/Agama are collections of sutras or _____.
2. The Buddha is the author of _____ books and treatises.
3. One of a monk's four basic resources is medicine made of _____.
(a) Masticated birch leaves.
(b) Boiled tree bark.
(c) The skin of frogs.
(d) Fermented urine.
4. The followers of Sarvastivada Abhidaharma argue that nirvana should be regarded as _____.
(c) A defilement.
(d) A creed.
5. Asoka, the great _____ king, was thought to have been consecrated 218 years after the death of the Buddha.
Short Answer Questions
1. The notion of self is born of _____.
2. The term sramana means _____.
3. The subject of the monk Nagasena's story to the king is a _____.
4. One of the ten rules of training for a monk involves refraining from sleeping _____.
5. Some three months after the death of the Buddha, 500 arhats took part in a _____.
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)