|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, No Self, Personal Continuity and Dependent Arising.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According the the author, what lies at the heart of Buddhism is _____.
2. One of the ten rules of training for a monk involves refraining from wearing _____.
3. The five aggregates of _____ are suffering.
4. The various Indo-Aryan dialects, the vernacular of Buddha's time, are known as _____.
5. One of a monk's four basic resources is a robe made of _____.
(a) Discarded rags.
(c) Red-dyed wool.
(d) Sheets of bleached cotton.
Short Answer Questions
1. Atman is the Sanskrit word for self or _____.
2. The Nikayama/Agama are collections of sutras or _____.
3. The three types of suffering are pain, change, and _____.
4. The notion of self is born of _____.
5. An awareness of ourselves as thinking subjects is called _____.
This section contains 150 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)