|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, The Abhidharma, The Higher Teaching.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Nikayama/Agama are collections of sutras or _____.
2. Some three months after the death of the Buddha, 500 arhats took part in a _____.
(a) Communial recitation.
(b) Vedic sacrifice.
(c) Fire ritual.
(d) Silent meditation.
3. Abhidharma captures the very essence of dharma, which means that its sound can almost operate as a _____.
4. Eighty-one types of dharma are _____.
5. Gandharvas are celestial _____.
Short Answer Questions
1. The public concern of Buddhism was living by _____, not doctrinal conformity.
2. Vinaya is the word Buddhists use for _____.
3. _____ are regarded as ultimate bits of matter, which is similar in concept to dharma.
4. What the Buddha taught is often referred to in the early texts as a system of _____.
5. The Sangha is a community of _____.
This section contains 153 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)