|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, The Abhidharma, The Higher Teaching.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. An _____ is a being from a lower realm of existence in Buddhist cosmology.
(a) Astral traveler.
2. Eighty-one types of dharma are _____.
3. Mahinda was a Buddhist monk who was the son of the emperor _____.
4. The term 'abhidharma' means _____ dharma.
5. Some of the teachings of the Buddha are expressed in conventional terms, and others are expressed in _____ terms.
Short Answer Questions
1. When he ascended to heaven after performing the miracle, under which tree did he sit to do his teaching?
2. The various Indo-Aryan dialects, the vernacular of Buddha's time, are known as _____.
3. Earlier texts state that the universe as a whole comprises a vast number of _____.
4. The southern continent of Jambudvipa is known as the continent of the _____ tree.
5. The matrkas are a summary of _____ lists of significant points of Buddha's teaching.
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)