|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, The Abhidharma, The Higher Teaching.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A _____ is a being from a lower realm of existence in Buddhist cosmology.
(b) Lost angel.
(c) Hungry ghost.
(d) Happy human.
2. At the center of a cakra-vada is the great _____.
(a) Sky god.
(c) Gold heart.
(d) World mountain.
3. As a system of thought, Abhidharma is to be contrasted with the system of _____ of the Buddha.
4. According the the author, what lies at the heart of Buddhism is _____.
5. Earlier texts state that the universe as a whole comprises a vast number of _____.
(b) Celestial time warps.
(d) Worm holes.
Short Answer Questions
1. The various Indo-Aryan dialects, the vernacular of Buddha's time, are known as _____.
2. Some three months after the death of the Buddha, 500 arhats took part in a _____.
3. One of the four elements in Buddhism is _____.
4. Some of the teachings of the Buddha are expressed in conventional terms, and others are expressed in _____ terms.
5. To whom did the Buddha teach dharma after he performed the miracle after his awakening?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)