|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, The Abhidharma, The Higher Teaching.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What the Buddha taught is often referred to in the early texts as a system of _____.
2. Mahinda was a Buddhist monk who was the son of the emperor _____.
3. The term 'abhidharma' means _____ dharma.
4. The four _____ are from the realm of the Supreme Gods.
(a) Contented Gods.
(b) Great Brahmas.
(c) Yama Gods.
(d) Gods who Delight in Creation.
5. There are _____ Nikayas.
Short Answer Questions
1. An _____ is a being from a lower realm of existence in Buddhist cosmology.
2. One of the four elements in Buddhism is _____.
3. The Tibetan Kanjur and _____ canon were translated between the seventh and thirteenth centuries.
4. _____ are regarded as ultimate bits of matter, which is similar in concept to dharma.
5. One of the four elements in Buddhism is _____.
This section contains 151 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)