|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maturin find among Johnson's papers?
(a) Signs that Johnson is a double agent.
(b) Maturin's marriage proposal.
(c) A note from the President of the United States.
(d) A check to Villiers for 10,000 dollars.
2. How does Maturin know Wogan does not suspect him of any treachery from their last encounter?
(a) He is not sure how Wogan feels.
(b) Wogan is warm and friendly to Maturin.
(c) Wogan asks him for more documents.
(d) Wogan tells him she knows who betrayed Maturin.
3. What is the initial topic of discussion between Maturin and Johnson?
(a) About Michael Herapath.
(b) About the war.
(c) About the bird species named boobies.
(d) About Aubrey.
4. Who does Maturin send to give a note to Aubrey?
(c) No one.
(d) Michael Herapath.
5. How does Aubrey, Maturin and Villiers get out of the harbor?
(a) On a small boat.
(b) On the Arcuturas.
(c) On board the Caroline.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Villiers?
2. Who is a private citizen with connections to American intelligence?
3. Who is Caroline?
4. How does Villiers seem in relation to Maturin?
5. Where does George Herapath live during the American Revolutionary War?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Villiers seem to Maturin and what actions has she taken that were unwise?
2. What is humorous about Aubrey's daily observations of the bay?
3. Who ambushes Maturin and what is humorous about his actions?
4. Of what is George Herapath proud and what may be a little despicable about his attitude?
5. How does George Herapath's attitude towards Wogan seem ironic or hypocritical?
6. How does Maturin figure out that he has been identified as the intelligence officer and what is the implication?
7. What happens to Maturin in Chapter 7 that makes it obvious that he needs to come up with a viable escape plan very soon?
8. Why does Maturin think Wogan does not know he disseminated bad intelligence and what do you think he should do about it?
9. Why do you think Aubrey feels it is justified to violate his "parole," which he gives as an officer and gentleman?
10. How does Maturin explain his engagement to Villiers to Aubrey and what does this engagement say about Maturin's character?
This section contains 973 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)