|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose throat does Maturin slit with a scalpel?
2. With whom did Villiers abscond a few months earlier?
(a) Michael Herapath.
(d) George Herapath.
3. What is likely to happen with the escape of Aubrey and Maturin?
(a) The Chesapeake will likely come out to confront the Shannon.
(b) The Shannon will take the three to find passage out of Cuba.
(c) The Shannon will head for England.
(d) The Shannon will be asked to leave American waters.
4. Of what does George Herapath assure Maturin?
(a) The opportunity to court his daughter.
(b) That the American Naval intelligence is quite efficient.
(c) Friendship and advocacy.
(d) Justice for Aubrey.
5. Why is Herapath glad that Villiers is leaving?
(a) He does not care about Villiers one way or the other.
(b) So Wogan will start chasing after Johnson.
(c) So Villiers can give some vital intelligence to England.
(d) So Michael will marry Wogan.
6. What causes Maturin to flee through the streets of Boston to Villiers' hotel?
(a) He is afraid she is about to be killed.
(b) He is anxious to tell her he will marry her.
(c) He does not go to see Villiers.
(d) He is again beset with attackers.
7. For what does it seem Villiers looks to Maturin?
8. How does Villiers seem in relation to Maturin?
9. What is Villiers to Maturin?
(a) His longtime love interest.
(c) Good friends for many years.
(d) A contact in British intelligence.
10. As what is Maturin finally identified?
(a) A double agent.
(b) An excellent naturalist.
(c) An intelligence officer.
(d) A state-of-the-art physician.
11. Who is aged, dissipated by alcohol, and fairly crass of speech?
(d) George Herapath.
12. How does George Herapath view the current war?
(b) That it will be short lived.
(c) As an affront to English might.
(d) Deplorable and ridiculous.
13. Who is cleared in a court martial?
(b) Liertenant Chad and the other surviving Java officers.
14. What does Aubrey watch daily?
(a) The meetings between Villiers and Naval Intelligence.
(b) The torture of his crew.
(c) The changing of the prison guard.
(d) The forays of the HMS Shannon.
15. What do Aubrey and Herapath plan?
(a) How to get Villiers safely to England.
(b) How to waylay Johnson.
(c) How to kill Dubreuil.
(d) How to get Maturin out of the hotel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is full of double entendre between Johnson and Maturin?
2. Against what does Maturin warn Villiers?
3. What do Aubrey and George Herapath find to discuss?
4. Of what do Johnson's plantation workers comprise?
5. Of what is George Herapath proud?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)