|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Villiers to Maturin?
(a) Good friends for many years.
(c) A contact in British intelligence.
(d) His longtime love interest.
2. What does Wogan attempt to convince Maturin to do?
(a) Get rid of Micheal Herapath for her.
(b) Be her lover.
(c) Be an American agent.
(d) Give her more information about the movement of British ships.
3. How does Aubrey respond to the Navy's questions?
(c) He is angry and shaken.
4. How does Maturin know about his newfound status?
(a) He is contacted by Charles Darwin.
(b) He receives an award.
(c) Wogan behaves differently to him.
(d) He is contacted by Scotland Yard.
5. About what does Aubrey brood?
(a) The English defeats at sea.
(b) His possible execution.
(c) Being on American soil.
(d) The loss of the use of his shattered arm.
6. Upon what does Johnson spend vast sums of money?
(b) Obtaining intelligence.
7. About what does the Navy department interview Aubrey?
(b) A missive from Admiral Nelson.
(c) Some ancient and rather cryptic notes.
(d) An order that is intercepted by the Americans.
8. Who calls on Maturin at Asclepia?
9. Upon whom does Maturin call?
(b) The Naval Intelligence office.
(d) The English consulate.
10. How is Herapath tying to make a living?
(a) Translating Chinese poetry.
(b) Horse breeding.
(c) Running guns.
(d) Working for his father.
11. Who does Maturin go to see after speaking to Michael Herapath?
(a) George Herapath.
(c) A friend in the State Department.
12. Who intervenes in Maturin's almost abduction?
(b) A local militiaman.
(c) Some other sailors.
(d) Some English officers.
13. Who is cleared in a court martial?
(c) Liertenant Chad and the other surviving Java officers.
14. What do Aubrey and Herapath plan?
(a) How to waylay Johnson.
(b) How to kill Dubreuil.
(c) How to get Villiers safely to England.
(d) How to get Maturin out of the hotel.
15. What does Villiers reveal when she returns to her room?
(a) That there are soldiers on every street corner.
(b) That she is unable to find help.
(c) That Aubrey has been murdered.
(d) That Johnson is dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maturin do in Villiers' room?
2. Why is Herapath glad that Villiers is leaving?
3. Who is a private citizen with connections to American intelligence?
4. What causes Maturin to flee through the streets of Boston to Villiers' hotel?
5. Who continues to recruit Maturin?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)