|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Over what does Maturin agonize when on board the La Flèche?
(a) What he will tell his wife who did not think he was returning to her.
(b) How to categorize some of the odd species he has collected.
(c) Why he made such a fool of himself on the cricket field.
(d) His numerous natural history specimens.
2. On what does Aubrey instruct his midshipmen?
(b) Shipboard etiquette.
(c) Storm types.
3. What happens to Maturin?
(a) He reveals that he has some dried jerky.
(b) He begins to have prolonged cramping.
(c) He becomes unconscious.
(d) He dies.
4. What course of action makes sense?
(a) A boarding party.
(b) Staging the battle in three phases.
(c) Running out to open sea.
(d) Staying out of range of the Constitution's guns.
5. Who do Maturin and Aubrey take on in Cricket?
(a) The team from the La Flèche.
(b) Some local sailors.
(c) Other members of the crew from the Leopard.
(d) The Admiral's prime team.
6. Where is Aubrey to recover?
(a) Aboard the Constitution.
(b) Asclepia, a sanitorium run by Evans' relative Dr. Choate.
(c) In the Naval hospital.
(d) In prison in Boston.
7. What do the survivors do on the way to Brazil?
(a) Learn all about the new vessel they are on.
(b) Some die.
(d) Have a hard time recuperating because of the lack of stores.
8. What is in the Java's favor?
(a) The Java has two extra sails.
(b) The Java holds many, many more men than Constitution.
(c) The Java has larger guns.
(d) Aubrey is on board the Java.
9. Of what are some American agents accusing Aubrey?
(a) War crimes.
(d) Executing an American soldier on the Leopard.
10. What does Maturin do after Java strikes her colors?
(a) Runs down to his quarters to save his laudenum.
(b) Tends to the wounded.
(c) Operates on Aubrey's head.
(d) Asks permission to retain his specimen collection.
11. What does Maturin realize?
(a) That Aubrey is in grave danger.
(b) That Wogan is in Boston.
(c) That Wogan believes the false papers to have originated with Aubrey
(d) That Aubrey is still in danger of dying.
12. At what does Java fail?
(a) Outflank the Constitution.
(b) Close to boarding distance.
(c) Get out into open sea.
(d) Use her men for small arms fire.
13. Who is Yorke?
(a) The Captain of the La Flèche.
(b) The ship's steward.
(c) The second mate.
(d) The cook.
14. Who calls upon Wallis?
(c) First Mate Johnson.
(d) Admiral Hornblower.
15. How many times have the Americans encountered the British?
Short Answer Questions
1. What helps the dehydration a little?
2. What do Aubrey and the Leopard crew volunteer to do?
3. Who is the first man to die?
4. What is Maturin carrying when his turn at bat arrives?
5. Where does the Constitution lead Java?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)