|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Aubrey watch in the dense fog?
(a) Maturin being tortured.
(b) A spy being hung.
(c) Two American frigates sneak past the English blockade.
(d) Two English frigates sneak past the American blockade.
2. About what does the Navy department interview Aubrey?
(a) Some ancient and rather cryptic notes.
(b) An order that is intercepted by the Americans.
(c) A missive from Admiral Nelson.
3. What separates all the life boats from each other?
(a) Anger among the crew members.
(b) Foul weather.
(c) The incompetence of some of the crew.
(d) It is regulation to do so.
4. About what does Aubrey brood?
(a) His possible execution.
(b) Being on American soil.
(c) The loss of the use of his shattered arm.
(d) The English defeats at sea.
5. What is likely to happen with the escape of Aubrey and Maturin?
(a) The Shannon will take the three to find passage out of Cuba.
(b) The Shannon will head for England.
(c) The Chesapeake will likely come out to confront the Shannon.
(d) The Shannon will be asked to leave American waters.
Short Answer Questions
1. What famous joke of Aubrey's does Aubrey perpetuate on Maturin?
2. What game does Maturin believe cricket resembles?
3. Who calls on Maturin at Asclepia?
4. Who have all taken passage in the same boat?
5. Why would Maturin even consider becoming a double agent?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)