|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What good news does the Captain offer Aubrey?
(a) That Aubrey is being considered as a fleet commander.
(b) That his wife knows he is alive.
(c) That the Acasta has been entirely re-fitted.
(d) That his wife has had a son.
2. Upon what vessel is Aubrey traveling to England?
(a) A small private merchant vessel.
(b) The HMS Northhampton.
(c) The HMS Fortune.
(d) The La Flèche.
3. How is Herapath tying to make a living?
(a) Working for his father.
(b) Translating Chinese poetry.
(c) Horse breeding.
(d) Running guns.
4. Who designed the sights on the guns of the Shannon?
5. Where does the Constitution lead Java?
(a) In circles.
(b) Towards Brazil.
(c) Out to sea.
(d) In to an American port.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what does the Navy department interview Aubrey?
2. How does Aubrey, Maturin and Villiers get out of the harbor?
3. How are Aubrey's men received?
4. Where are the Shannon's marines positioned?
5. What falls the Shannon's jibs?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)