|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Evans present to Maturin for Aubrey?
(a) Aubrey's sword.
(b) A ascot.
(c) A collection.
(d) A pin for valor.
2. Why would Maturin even consider becoming a double agent?
(a) To end the War of 1812.
(b) To learn about the American network of spies.
(c) To earn more money.
(d) To escape from the United States.
3. What vessel will Aubrey be captaining once he arrives in England?
(a) The Northhampton.
(b) The Acasta.
(c) The Leopard after its refitting.
(d) The York.
4. How does Maturin almost make a serious faux pas?
(a) By telling the first mate what Maturin thinks of the mate's mother.
(b) By almost missing the Captain's table.
(c) By asking to examine the eye socket of a one-eyed sailor.
(d) By forgetting the Captain's name.
5. How was the news disseminated?
(a) Through Admiral Nelson's aide.
(b) From one of the sailors who deserted the Leopard.
(c) Via a letter from Diana Villiers.
(d) From Maturin's wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Aubrey's boat headed?
2. Where is Aubrey to recover?
3. What does Aubrey ask of George Herapath?
4. What is the initial topic of discussion between Maturin and Johnson?
5. On what does Aubrey instruct his midshipmen?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)