|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Aubrey do on the voyage?
(a) Writes many lengthy letters home.
(b) Takes turn doing watches on the bridge.
(c) Helps Maturin with his collection.
(d) Practises his sword skills.
2. How does George Herapath view the current war?
(a) That it will be short lived.
(c) Deplorable and ridiculous.
(d) As an affront to English might.
3. About what does Aubrey brood?
(a) The English defeats at sea.
(b) The loss of the use of his shattered arm.
(c) Being on American soil.
(d) His possible execution.
4. Upon what vessel is Aubrey traveling to England?
(a) The La Flèche.
(b) The HMS Fortune.
(c) A small private merchant vessel.
(d) The HMS Northhampton.
5. What are in the letters to Sophie?
(a) Questions about news at home.
(b) Aubrey's thoughts and reports of many current events.
(c) Information about Aubrey's upcoming assignment.
(d) Questions about his new son.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was the news disseminated?
2. What do Aubrey and George Herapath find to discuss?
3. Of what is George Herapath proud?
4. How does Maturin know Wogan does not suspect him of any treachery from their last encounter?
5. What do the sailors believe when they encounter a vessel?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)