|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Upon what does Johnson spend vast sums of money?
(a) Obtaining intelligence.
2. How does Maturin almost make a serious faux pas?
(a) By almost missing the Captain's table.
(b) By forgetting the Captain's name.
(c) By asking to examine the eye socket of a one-eyed sailor.
(d) By telling the first mate what Maturin thinks of the mate's mother.
3. Of what does George Herapath assure Maturin?
(a) That the American Naval intelligence is quite efficient.
(b) Friendship and advocacy.
(c) Justice for Aubrey.
(d) The opportunity to court his daughter.
4. Who rescues Aubrey's boat?
(a) The US Constitution.
(b) HMS Acasita.
(c) A Brazilian fisher vessel.
(d) HMS Java.
5. About what does the Navy department interview Aubrey?
(a) Some ancient and rather cryptic notes.
(b) An order that is intercepted by the Americans.
(c) A missive from Admiral Nelson.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who calls upon Wallis?
2. What field of study does Maturin recommend George Herapath encourage his son to pursue?
3. Who is a private citizen with connections to American intelligence?
4. What famous joke of Aubrey's does Aubrey perpetuate on Maturin?
5. What is going to happen to the Leopard's crew?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)